Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do your additional income tax??

Options
  • 27-01-2023 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Would anyone know how one calculates how much tax they should pay on a second income??? I've heard it's 10% of what you make that day, that doesn't seem right. How do you register it also? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Tow

It will be more like 50+ rather than 10% tax, unless your main income is less than 40,000.

If second income is less than 5,000 register on MyAccount, if more register on ROS.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭victor8600

Personally, I buy shares at a discounted price at work (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) and pay the RTSO tax within a month, then I also fill Form 11 online at https://www.ros.ie/ to declare RTSO and any capital gains, as well as to get any additional tax credits. As Tow said above, ROS require a registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

There are two income tax rates in Ireland: 20% and 40%.

Extra income can be declared in your Form 12 annual income tax return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

You’d need to declare it using Form 12 though ROS (revenue online services) and calculate it at the appropriate rates. It depends on how much income you have, your tax allowances and so on.

There’s now way you could just say it’s x% per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Assuming you are talking about non PAYE income and not a second PAYE employment, the below link will assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Clueless2023

Hi there, Yes its definitely below €5000 more like half of that. My main PAYE would be in the €50k region. So you're thinking I'm more than likely have to pay 50%. Crikey ! there has to be a better way :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The SRCOP is 40,000 in 2023.

Any income above 40,000 faces 40% tax, USC and maybe PRSI.

People on below median wages in Ireland face a 48.5% marginal income tax rate.

Crazy, but that seems to be the what people want, as more people are voting for parties that support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Tow

I don't know of any political parties who 'say' they will reduce the tax rates! The opposition parties all have high spending policies!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement