Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Car for a 20 year old

Options
  • 26-01-2023 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

My son is looking at buying his first car, is it a one litre yaris all the way, or are there other options he could consider

He has about 5000 of a budget. He's happy to go with something small

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Ginger83

A relative of mine bought a used Peugeot 208 as a small second car for school runs and is quite happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

Plenty to choose from i.e Fiesta, Clio, Seat Ibiza, Polo and the mentioned 206 and Yaris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Ginger83

208.I think to find a 206 you'd have to go back a few years more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

hes looking at a 2011 petrol 1.2 litre polo tomorrow with 120,000 kilometres and also a 2011 ford fiesta titanium petrol 1.2 with 110,000 kilometres

Which would be the best car?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

In my opinion, young driver, inexperienced, is more likely to be involved in accident than someone older with more years behind the wheel.

Therefore having a tiny car is probably not the best idea, as accident with bigger heavier vehicle will always be more severe in consequences for small/light car occupants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement