Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card/Account services ! why so hard

Options
  • 25-01-2023 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

So i have had an issue now for about 2 weeks, and three phone calls and still not resolved!

I had an old debit card for my Joint account, which i had not used in years, in fact i don't think i activated it when it was issued a few years ago, as the account was used mainly for Direct Debits, but i wanted to start using it in shops to tap and use google pay, withdraw money from ATM etc

Currently i have my own personal a/c, a credit card a/c and a joint a/c with BOI and all three were displaying on the banking app.

The personal a/c and credit cards are displaying under the "cards" section of the app, but not the joint account, so i called BOI to have a new PIN issued for the joint a/c card. I was told it would be out in a few days. I gave it a week and it never arrived

Second call to BOI to explain again, and the second call agent ,then advised as the joint a/c card was never activated, the PIN would not have been issued to me after my initial call. He then cancelled the card and arranged for a new card to be issued, followed by a new PIN to allow me use the card. ( card arrived yesterday, awaiting PIN in the post ) When i mentioned i could not see joint account card details on the app/browser for the joint account, he arranged to delete/remove this from the app, and asked me to have the a/c applied again through "my services" on the app, using the "Current account" request

This request was denied and i was told on the message, "your recent request was unsuccessful as the a/c is the same as your exiting one"

On the third call to BOI, the agent asked me to add the account again using a different request "Demand deposit account"

This morning, the joint a/c is now visible again on my app, but when i click on the cards option, it still does not show the new card i received for the joint account.

Is this because it's a joint account ?at this stage, might be easier to transfer everything over to Revolut when the Irish IBANS kick in

Post edited by scuby on

Comments

Advertisement