Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Mortgage Drawdown Help

Options
  • 25-01-2023 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm in the final stages of a mortgage application with bank of Ireland and my solicitor has been trying to drawdown for over a week.

There was one extra letter needed which we provided but my broker has been unable to get an update or reach their contact in the bank since the rate increase was announced.

I need to know if this is happening today, the solicitor said they need the funds today in order to close in time, and would be really grateful for any help or direction on this.

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for checking in with us.

Sorry to see this, if you could send us a private message we can forward this to the relevant Team for follow up.

If you could share the below by private message only.

Name on mortgage application.

If you have accounts with us, which Branch they are linked to.

Contact number for yourself and contact info for your broker.

Many thanks, Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Thank you Alison, I've messaged privately now and I appreciate your help!

You're so welcome. This has been escalated on contact requested asap.

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Piplette

Hello Alison,

I am hoping that you can help me too. I am in a similar situation.

My closing date was 12 January. My broker confirmed that all paperwork was in order before Christmas. My solicitor sought to drawdown the funds on 6 January so that we could close on 12 January.

On 12 January, Bank of Ireland asked for two extra documents, which were provided on 13 January.

I have already missed my closing date by almost 3 weeks. My broker has been trying to find out what is happening on a daily basis, but has not been able to get any update from Bank of Ireland.

I need the funds asap because I have already missed my closing date.

I would be grateful for your help.

Thank you

Post edited by Piplette on

Also thanks Passive for starting the thread. I hope everything worked out for you.

• Advertisement

Hi there, thanks for checking in with us here.

Sorry to see this has been your experience.

If you could private message us the below and we can follow up with the Team for you.

Name(s) on application and contact number

Name and contact number of your broker

If you hold any existing accounts, the Branch these are linked to.

Many thanks, Alison

Thanks a million Alison. I've sent pm now.

That's great, thanks so much. Have forwarded to the relevant Team to make contact asap.

Alison

Advertisement