If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Arch tech-supervise build?

  • 24-01-2023 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

    We have planning permission and want to start to build. The Arch Tech who did our planning drawings says he can do the drawings for building but does not want to superzise the build. Does this mean I need to get someone else in addition to him? Or do I need anyone to superzise the build at all? We're doing direct labor btw.


  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Biker1

    As you are going direct labour that in effect makes you the "builder" and as such you have a duty to ensure the house is built in accordance with all the building regulations as well as health and safety legislation. At a minimum you will need to engage an engineer to sign off for the bank and Building Control if they look for it.

  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

    You can retain any one of the following to certify the construction works:-

    1. Chartered Building Surveyor
    2. Registered Building Surveyor
    3. Chartered Architectural Technologists
    4. Chartered Civil Engineer
    5. Architect.