Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rights of Way

• 22-01-2023 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I live on a quiet boreen. I live at the top of the of it nearest the road and my parents the end. There is gate to a field at the end which is owned by a neighbour down the road. This neighbour has a right of way to this field. My parents are the landowners granting the right of way. We have no problem with this and have always allowed access. My concerns:

• this neighbour has started driving on the grass verge of this boreen and cutting up the grass.
    • he also speeds up and down, I have small dogs, and my wife is expecting so we don't feel safe with this behaviour.

I am wondering can I

• erect a gate (that we will give him a key/access code to),
    • can I install speedbumps on the road
    • and can I have him maintain the grass verge which he is cutting up when he drives down the boreen.

Would appreciate any legal info on the above. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭KrisW1001

Legal info from posters on a forum about road construction will be of no use to you. But: it’s not clear from your post whether you’ve made him aware of your concerns or not; if not, that’s the best place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Has that neighbour more or less established a right of way now themselves more so than your parents continuing to grant him right of way

Advertisement