Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you guys noticed that more and more young men are kind of dropping out of the dating scene?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

A bit older than you. Strangely enough in my 20s I came to a similar conclusion. I completely gave up on the idea of pursuing a relationship. I changed my focus to some new personal and social goals. I essentially became "MGTOW" long before I ever heard the phrase "MGTOW".

And I was not long in that new way of life before I suddenly found myself in a relationship and have been in it ever since :) Whether this was coincidence - some consequence of my new way of life - or that I was not giving off "Im desperate for a relationship" vibes any more I do not know.

But effectively coming to peace with not wanting or seeking a relationship was the best choice I ever made to get into a relationship.

That said though if my current relationship ever ended for any reason - break up or death or anything - I would say I am done. I have no interest sexually or romantically in pursuing another relationship ever. For a multitude of reasons not least of which is that everything I read on this forum about the modern day dating scene sounds horrific to me.

As much as I love Love and love Sex I would be perfectly content to go the rest of my life without either rather than pursue either again.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

As someone diagnosed with ASD I think it's very unlikely I'll ever be in a relationship with a women - I prefer my own space far too much to really move in with someone or something.

I'm ambivalent on kids - don't really love or hate them, but I don't think I'd make a good father either honestly.

Most women deep down I think are put off by the ASD thing as well. It makes me seem "defective" in their eyes and not worth pursuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

The belief that 80% of women are chasing 20% of men has been proven true in a few studies.

In my limited enough experience, men get more attractive with age, as women are attracted to financial stability and maturity.

Women get less attractive, as men are attracted to looks and ability to have children.

Nature is kind to women, time is kind to men.

Advertisement