Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung black screen of death

• 19-01-2023 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have recently returned from a trip abroad. When I was away I noticed a small bit of pink/purple creeping into my screen. I googled it and it said moisture was getting in but I could not see any damage. Anyway this continued for 2 weeks until I flew home on Monday and as I came home black started to creep across the screen until I could no longer use the phone. The phone is on it is getting messages but I cannot access any of the data on the phone and unfortunately I didn't have it backing up for the last month.

Could anyone advise if they think a simple screen replacement would resolve the matter or would I need to go to someone and have them try to get the data off the phone?

Its a Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) and I live in Galway so ideally someone who is based here to get it fixed.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

5 year old phone isn't really worth getting the screen replaced, personally I would replace it. You could connect to a laptop to see if you can back up any critical data

Post edited by GIMP on

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

I have tried connecting it to the laptop but it needs to be approved and I cannot do anything with the screen to approve it. Have also been trying to find someone to remove the data but has been unsuccessful so far unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Check out this thread: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058280717/screen-dead-samsug-a9-need-to-retrieve-pictures

It's possible to hook your phone to your TV and use a mouse as input device. Thread is even about the same phone as yours.

Advertisement