Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Sponsors

Options
  • 16-01-2023 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

What’s the criteria for a sponsor in NI

What do they need to to be deemed suitable.

If I’m shooting a large CF calibre will my sponsor need the licences to a similar standard?

Colour a non shooting person sponsor someone. Afaik in the past the sponsor was just really a place were the guns could be stored over night if required.

Is there any commercial sponsor that might cover a fellow or is that against the true meaning of the sponsorship etc etc.

PS.. Perhaps one of my safes in my cousins house would suffice..with only the keys retained by me..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Non-Great British residents visiting Northern Ireland

You must have a Visitor’s Firearms Permit (Form 30/38), which needs to be submitted on your behalf by a 'sponsor' who is an NI resident.

Send a copy of the domestic firearms permit for the firearm intended to be held in Northern Ireland along with the application.

If you are an EU national then send a copy of the European Firearms Pass with the application.

Applications must be received, at least, 6 weeks before the expected date of arrival. There is a fee of £16.00 for an individual visitors permit or £80.00 for a grant of six or more in a group application.

An NI Visitor's Firearm Permit does not allow possession or use of your firearm in any other part of the UK.

Sponsor, doesn't have to be a firearms certificate holder.

See the form 30/38 and if you can comply with all the information required, work away.

A sponsor doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the storage of firearms, they are the contact person the PSNI send your permit to or contact if they have queries, The sponsor is the person requesting your permit.

Storage, if your storing a firearm in NI, the PSNI will require that information, if storing in a Domestic dwelling the owner would have to have the correct security measures put in place. You don't have to store in NI if you get a permit for the year and your license in the Rep covered them dates you can travel daily back and forth. Note your firearms license in the Rep must be valid to cover your dates in NI.

Advertisement