Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical officer in the Civil Service 2022 (Dublin region)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 la-di-da

Finally got a message from PAS, I got DSP! It was a 2-month wait since sending my vetting in, exact location not disclosed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Stranger Things

I have an email from the Gardai looking for List of names that you are also known, Previous addresses, Passport Number. No messages on my publicjobs account but the email says this is your vetting application which I have consented to and submitted through Public Appointments Service.

Am i been recruited for the Gardai?

sent them an email anyways to ask, I'm aware I am spamming this forum out of it but I'm a panicker who does not want to be in the garda siochana lol

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭apkmbarry

I assume that is after you click a link and enter your information to get into the application? Sounds like standard garda vetting to me.... which is required by all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jellybean920

Hi , does anyone know what OOM they are currently on for placement please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SimoneVe

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Captaingoal

Hi all. I just got the message for pre employment checks (The self declaration and Garda E-vetting forms). I noticed in the message it says not to complete the Garda Vetting if you're not interested in taking up a position. Does anyone know if you can later turn down a job when offered one? I only ask as I'm on a panel for another public sector job and am currently getting expressions of interest but they are not job offers yet as people further up the panel could be offered them ahead of me. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket and be left with nothing as I've been waiting a long while to start a new job after my previous one finished. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Yes you can turn down your offer afterwards if you're unhappy with it.

You won't receive more than one job offer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jellybean920

Thank you 😊

I sent my completed self deceleration and garda vetting forms as well as my proof of ID and address. It said in the self declaration form and message on publicjobs.ie that I can now provide non civil service employment references, does that mean just emailing the reference to the same email I sent my documents to when I get it?

How long did you have to wait from sending your addresses off until they asked for references?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

My OH has just completed her first week of work but didn't get paid!!! despite furnishing bank details as requested to publicjobs weeks ago.

NSSO fail yet again

When I started out this wasn't a problem, you just got handed a cheque!

Everything was better when leave and payroll were dealt with locally. When I was promoted to EO many years ago my first payslip was manually calculated taking the change from weekly to fortnightly (a day's work changing from 1/5 of a week to 1/14th of a fortnight) and change of pay dates into account, all detailed in biro and accurate to the penny. Paid on the dot. WTF is going on in Clonskeagh?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I know it sucks but she probably isn't getting paid for another couple weeks.

Everyone that started with me wasn't paid until their 3rd Friday, to be fair to them the contract informs you that you may not be paid for up to 4 weeks but it is a joke when you get paid and it's still bolloxed by tax issues

Hah. The start date was alrready postponed by two weeks supposedly to allow the pay to be sorted out 🙄 fuckin' NSSO.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

They're lovely if you give a ring but I've doubts about how often the email is looked at

Did anyone else receive the expression of interest for jobs in the guards today? I think it’s an area I’d be interested in but does anyone here know what the job is like? I have until the end of friday to decide but I can’t be offered anything else if I do get an offer and turn it down, so I need to think carefully.

Anyway her boss was in touch with them and supposedly it'll be sorted out this week...

My Garda vetting has been disclosed and viewed by Civil Service. no updates from public jobs though

• Advertisement

Nope!

But she has a login to the NSSO now and there is 3 weeks pay showing for next Friday. On emergency tax though 🙄

Imagine if you'd quit a job for this and it was your only source of income?

yup lol, make sure to call revenue and get changed over to cumulative if the payslip shows as week 1, took so long to get it sorted haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luna8

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, did you have any EOI while you were awaiting a job offer?

What batch are you in?

Anyone know what batch they are working on at the moment?

I received an invitation to Clearance today.

Quick question for anyone. I have not had a full time job in more than 12 months but was in college and completed an internship, but this asks here.

1. For gaps in employment in the past 12 months: If you have not been in employment for any length of time during the past 12 months, please provide a statement from the Department of Social Protection or the Office of the Revenue Commissioners to confirm evidence of no employment. 

What do I do

Have you received a payment from the DSP while not in full time employment? If so request a statement from them.

If you were in some employment, then log into My revenue and download your employment summary.

I actually downloaded and gave the statement of employment from Revenue and advised I give references for my current employer upon consideration for a position.

The closing date I had was the 18th of May. The statement of employment part confused me, as I can’t ask my employer for one without raising a red flag.

I just downloaded an employment summary from Review as a statement of employment, so it would prove who I currently work for.

Revenue , not review 🙂! D9 🤦🏽‍♀️

Weirdly my OH got paid including the arrears on Thursday. Aren't COs always paid on a Friday? and last Thursday isn't even a fortnightly pay date - at least not in my dept - but I thought they were all coordinated even long before NSSO.

Next pay date is showing up as the 8th?!? a Thursday.

Still on emergency tax even though the last employment has a termination date entered. Pain in the.... between this sort of shitshow and the low pay you simply can't take on a CO job without parental or spousal support.

As a male delegate near retirement said 25 years ago at a union meeting I was at, "The Civil Service will turn into a hobby job for married women." I thought this was appalling at the time, but he was right. It's not a career like it used to be, apart from the few who can rise very rapidly but they have honours or masters degrees anyway.

• Advertisement

Always a Friday yeah, the pay day on NSSO shows up as a day earlier for everyone but you do not get paid until the day after.

Call Revenue about emergency tax if the latest payslip shows it, they had to change me over manually because I was out of employment for a month, could be something similar even if she was working before? not sure.

Advertisement