Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 21 Transfer Thread.

Options
  • 15-01-2023 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭

I'm busy with work this week, so already used my FT (which I may regret closer to the weekend)

Gabriel - out

Aurier - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2FT's for me. Darwin has to go, KDB probably too.

KDB - Odegard maybe, then Darwin to Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

Darwin > Toney for me. So expect him to get suspended about 2 mins after I confirm transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Did any watch the Newcastle game? Thinking it may be time to shift Almiron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tandey

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Was thinking the same - maybe a Brighton mid (mitoma or march) or else odegaard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Digne has gotta go.

Salah and Wilson also on borrowed time :-(

Anyone looking at WC?

Plenty of apparent deadwood in my team Digne, Cucurella, Almiron, Mount and KDB have been big stinkers. KDB just isn't worth it at the price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Cucurella, who's been an unmitigated disaster of a transfer during the World Cup, out for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to get rid of Martial for starters he was only supposed to be a one week punt.

So Tony Two Gloves out for Toney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Saw the Newcastle game and Fulham were playing well as they have done for a lot of the season. Almiron played well and it was only some good defending stopped him getting more opportunities. Should have had an assist when he dribbled across the pitch and played a short pass to Saint-Maximin who had a shot that could easily have been a goal but went narrowly wide. I thnk he will get some more opportunities in the next few games so not a priority for me to ship him out anyway.

Took a one week punt on Mahrez since he had a double so have used my free transfer already to get in March to replace him. I know Mahrez still has potentially another game to get a return this week but March seems to be in form and has a run of fixtures that look postive for him scoring again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I also have Mahrez, he didn't get much game time first half of season, so hoping he gets a run of games, he has the ability to go on a streak and at his price i'll hold for a while, I was very tempted with Grealish but he seems to share time with Foden so thats a bit more punty.

I'll probably do Zaha to March, bench Martial and when Nunez is back do that transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm also in that Brighton midfielder bandwagon, but I'm gonna be doing with Mitoma. Had my eye on him for a while and was thinking of him for this GW. He looks a real live wire. Perhaps more of a player who will take on players to create an opening and assist or assist the goalscorer perhaps. Teams may start to double up on him which will leave more space for March.

That said, the commentary on Saturday said that March had gone 58 games without scoring a PL goal but now has 4 in 4. He has only scored 8 PL goals in his career, in 6 seasons. He has played wing back a good bit though to fair. This is definitely a purple patch but how long will it last? Might be the time to hop on, or it might be coming to a finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Seriously thinking of taking a -8 for:

Cancelo to Botman

KdB to Odegard

Mitro to Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

That should be affordable without Cancelo to Botman? So just a -4 for the other 2? That looks far better to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

seems unnecessary, Cancelo and KDB have a good fixture this week and Mitro in decent form. Kane has City next as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Seems like it might be time to either bench or transfer Almiron. Very poor form currently.

Untied v Arsenal will be a tough one to call. I have Shaw,White, Odegaard and Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

All this talk of gettting rid of KDB is madness, at home to Wolves and a double in GW23 for the third top scoring midfielder.

Mid priced midfields such as Rashford, Saka and Martinelli are just a point or two behind him. Not to mention other mids in flying form. 13 points in the last 5 from a £12.5m asset isn't good enough.

surely price is largely irrelevant this season with all the budget options

He's on the third page of midfielders by Form. Those points he's got were a long time ago. The skill of this game is to keep up with the form players, if you get Martinelli, Trossard, Almiron, Odegard, JWP etc at their purple patches, you get much furtehr ahead than holding someone because his average is top 3

• Advertisement

You have very conveniently ignored the bit about his fixtures! I am not saying that I would get him in if I didn't have him, but wasting a transfer for a player with his fixtures and pedigree is beyond reckless.

What do people think of Almiron out for Mahrez in?

His fixtures? The 6 games since he scored last were Fulham, Brentford, Leeds, Everton, Chelsea and United. He's had plenty of plum fixtures to return, holding just because he did it before isn't a good tactic IMO. He was awful in the WC for Belgium and form has continued since unfortunately

Well I see that he is due a price rise tonight, is the third most transferred in player and is the second highest projected player over the next 4 gameweeks, I guess I am not alone in thinking transfering him out is madness.

I wouldn't be buying KDB myself, but as an owner I'm not going to sell at the same time. Hard sell when he has a DGW coming up. As well as attractive fixtures against Wolves, Forest & Bournemouth. Although rotation will come into play when facing the latter 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Might get Wout in as a differential, want to see if nunez is fit i still believe he'll be a machine once he calms down a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So many options! Digne out probably number one priority.

Digne to Botman/Burn/City Defender

Other options, that can probably wait another week:

Mitro to Nketiah/Wilson

Amiron to Arsenal/Brighton midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

Mitoma in Silva out.

Advertisement