Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gone so Lazy and Meh about life. Help needed

• 15-01-2023 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Hi all, not sure if this should be over in PI or what but thought I would get a better perspective on things here.

So I'm 46 Male, married, 2 kids a dog, perfect life it seems,and over the last few years I'm gone so lazy and uninterested in life. I literally do nothing apart from work and sit in the corner in the evenings and weekends on the phone, watching TV.

I get "bursts" every so often where its all new me, change it up etc which last a few weeks at best and then back to the old shite.

I beat myself up about it alot. I won't say hate myself, but have pretty poor self regard.

It's like there is a block or a glitch or something that I can't get past, it's always I'll start now next week etc. I do suffer badly from procrastination. I have a very busy job and am usually v tired after the day so maybe that doesn't help. Excuses 😂😂😂

But at the root of it I think I'm just a lazy bastard, and now that I'm pushing on 50 it's getting me down more and more. Like I should be outside going for a walk now on a lovely Sunday afternoon instead of moaning about it on boards.

Any advice or insight from anyone who found themselves in a similar situation would be so welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I could have written that, albeit a few (not many) years on you.

One step at a time.

No one ever comes back from a walk with the dog and regrets having gone for that walk.

Even if you have to drive somewhere and take that half hour stoll. It may just be weekends during this time of year, but just go for it.

One step at a time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Get blood tests done. It may be something as simple as iron deficiency.

This isn’t a solution for everyone but I found getting out into the community very rewarding. I joined a local tidy town group and go out every Saturday to fix up my local village. Also exercise if you can. Another tip. Every weekend I check Eventbrite to see what’s going on. Usually loads of stuff each weekend. I find if I sit around too long I actually get more tired. As above a visit to the doctor many not be a bad idea ! Best of luck with whatever method you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

If there is a parkrun nearby they are great for participating in or volunteering at. Also with the 2 kids, what do they do all weekend? If they are signed up for something it will force you out or give you an hour or two to go do something.

The weather has been crap lately so it’s easy to sit in but it’s more important to get out when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Thanks everyone, I was just sitting down for another lazy night on the couch, clicked on to boards and saw all your comments. Gave me the impetus to get back up and do something.

Went for a 45 min walk instead, thank you all so much. Its a start again, to keep it going now.

👍👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭standardg60

So far my 40's have been..

Why can't i do that anymore?

Why is that girl looking at me like i'm a pervert when i glance at her?

What am i actually here for?

I'm hoping it will pass, but keeping the gun handy just in case.

Advertisement