Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose QuietComfort SE codes & chat

Options
  • 13-01-2023 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Courtesy of HUKD. As I understand it these are basically identical to the QC45 just with a soft case. Apparently on the phone app when connected they even display as QC45.

Link:

QuietComfort SE Noise Cancelling Smart Headphones | Bose

Currently already reduced to € 199 (for another couple of days). If you are a Student Beans member you can get another € 25 off so they are € 175 delivered. I chanced my arm registering on Student Beans earlier on - uploaded an Irish college prospectus PDF as my proof of attendance (it's the backup if you don't have an EDU email) and miraculously it was approved. But even at € 199 they look to be a great price.

Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Adding you to block list. you just cost me €200!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

When does your Student Beans membership expire, please? Is it one year, or they set a longer expiry date? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

No clue sorry. I can't remember but they may have asked me for a graduation date. Seems easy enough to work around and set up another in future if needed. Plus, you can generate multiple codes. e.g. for Bose you can get one code per day. Also looks like they give you 35% off Dominos

Haha you're welcome! I've been sitting on the fence for years about buying a decent pair of headphones and finally gave in as this is one of the best prices I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭ooter

Might sound a silly question but can you use these headphones wired without Bluetooth and if so do you still get the same listening experience?

• Advertisement

You can definitely wire them. I can't speak to the audio experience for that so I'd look up reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've had the Bose QC35s for a good few years now. They come with the wire so you can go wired too.

Can confirm that you can switch on the noise cancellation whilst using the wire to get an identical listening experience on the QC35s. Can't confirm with these but I don't see why not

tried to order a pair but couldn't get past confirming my address so gave up in the end.

You can add the address manually. Do not pick one from the automated list if it doesn't match

tried to do that but any time i clicked on the x to try and go to the next stage the same box would pop back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

edit - wrong thread

Arrived today. Fantastic . I've never had good pair of headphones so this is a game changer for me!

Finally got to open mine yesterday. Super impressed with comfort and audio quality. And as I had read on other forums, they register on the app as QC45's so it's such a cheap way to pick up a pair. Offer looks to still be available

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Insanely good deal, managed to get the studentbeans code on top of it...

Damn you BA, thanks OP.

Upgrading from Bose Soundlinks I bought back in 2018 which are still going strong, had been eyeing up QC45 with some time, so this is perfect.

How long were others waiting for the headphones to arrive?

Ordered last Thursday and still not arrived, got an email to say delivery was delayed but due to arrive on Jan 25th but no sign of them today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Same. Ordered Thursday and got an email a few hours later (12:01 Friday) to say it would be delayed, due today on UPS website but isn't out for delivery.

Yeah delivery (from France) was slow for me but got them in the end. Ordered 13th, received 23rd. All last week UPS said Friday but then they didn't deliver and updated it to Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Eclectic Econometrics

I took my wife into Bose Dundrum a few years ago to see if she preferred on ear or over ear for some sennheisers I was buying her for Christmas. Lo-and-behold she thought I was dropping hints and a pair of 45's were under the tree for me that year.

They're a godsend on a plane. The only thing that's a negative is the ear pads wear out relatively quickly (depending on sweating in them etc.) and need replacing. Changing the pads is straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Thanks OP. Just bought another pair of these; previous ones have been "borrowed" by my kids.

I went through the Revolut App to get an additional 2% (€3.50) immediate refund from Revolut. So with the three discounts (Bose, Student Beans, and Revolut) the cost came to €171.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Back Home

They can also be paired with another set of QC 35's/45's. Perfect for movie watching with your partner on aircraft etc.

• Advertisement

According to my tracking code my headphones are out for delivery and will be delivered today.

Still no sign..

Bought the QC35's back in 2020. I'm a bit sceptical in general as to how much you can actually improve sound quality and noise cancellation, but the build quality with Bose is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm dead chuffed with myself that I've so far not bought these headphones.

The force is strong though. Not sure if I'll make it through the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I think someone should ruin your weekend by giving you a Student Beans discount code ..

Are these better than Jabra Elite 85?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Anybody got one of those student bean discount codes? Left School 30 years ago so probably don't qualify!

Very tempted to get these anyways but a code would justify it to the Mrs 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7 M83K

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 350BT. Would these be enough of an upgrade to justify the price?

SBE-GR71-3RRH-R6RE-KKHN is yours or anyone else who grabs if first! You can generate a new one every 24 hours. If anyone wants one tomorrow evening just shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Well these have noise cancellation but the HD 350s don't so there's that. I have both and the QCs are a more comfortable fit, especially for prolonged wearing. I'm no audiophile so they both sound pretty good to me.

I got the Bose a few days ago and the only negative is that, inexplicably, NC can't be turned fully off. There's Quiet Mode and Aware Mode - both give a bit of cabin pressure feeling - but no NC OFF option. Might even return them over this fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Only saw this now and no longer valid but cheers anyways 👍️ If you could pm me one tomorrow it'd be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Any chance I could get one of these codes, please? I have a fairly elderly pair of noise-cancelling phones, but they're uncomfortable for long use - these look the business!

Advertisement