Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing GPs while out sick?

• 13-01-2023 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there anything speaking against changing GPs while being out sick?

Of course, medical records would need to be transferred to the new GP.

Would a sick note from the new GP continue the sick time certified by the existing GP?

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

While visiting GP of your choice sign a form to transfer your medical records to new GP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,022 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Technically there is nothing stopping you changing GP but finding a new one that will accept you won't be easy . It's more complicated if you are a Medical Card Holder.

You mention while out sick , are you on illness benefit of getting sick pay. I only ask because if Certs are required you'll also need to factor this in, if changing GP. Finally ,also consider if you have medication needs , a new GP will have to issue new prescriptions if you have repeat prescriptions etc

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zoko

> You mention while out sick , are you on

> illness benefit of getting sick pay. I only

> ask because if Certs are required you'll

> also need to factor this in, if changing

> GP.

How does the above matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,022 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did you join Boards just to ask stupid questions 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have changed GP several times while on a sick note and prescription medication and no problems at all. Your records will be transferred when you register. And whn you see your new GP explain what meds you are on. The only think to be careful of is that you make sure you have good supplies of your medication in case it takes longer than you have. It works easily generally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I don't think there should be an issue with changing GPs, but as said above the challenge might be finding a new GP. Of course that's something you may have already sussed out.

Is your concern as regards your employer, OP? I don't think there should be an issue.

And yes, I presume that the GP will continue to certify you once they are familiar with your illness / condition and consider you unfit for work. In that case, there should be no gap in the certification.

If your concern relates to social welfare aspects, I would give the Department a call or drop them an email.

I have had occasion in the past to raise queries and found them helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Or Citizens Info. They have been a mine of info on these matters in the past

Advertisement