Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2RN testcard Saorview

Options
  • 06-01-2023 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Attempting to tune in my Toshiba nto either LCN50 or LCN51 on Saorview for the 2rn Testcard - appears to lock up and cause a reboot without displaying anything. The software on the TV is up to date and displays a channel list on the Saorview information channel. Is there an issue with hBB format (which I believe 29, 50 and 51 are on on some televisions)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭khumbu

interesting results depending on TV

On non hbb tv

29 MHEG generated channel list (no audio)

50 MHEG generated testcard (no audio)

51 Audio only test tone (nar) RnaG (iri) Radio1 (eng)

on hbb TV

same as above except for 51 which displays testcard along with audio options as above (testcard has hbb written in bottom right hand corner)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Happens exactly the same with my new Walker TV.

I also have an older Blaupunkt which will only display the Hbb test card on Channel 50 when the Hbb option is turned off! Go figure....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Locks up my Hitachi TV. Had to do a retune to get it going again..

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Guess they didn’t test it quite right?!?!

Advertisement