Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Ban from Current Affairs/IMHO issued in April 2021

Options
  • 05-01-2023 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/116930034/#Comment_116930034

Thread ban issued in April 2021

Hi There, I was thread banned from a thread which is still going strong and I would like to make comments on. I was banned because I failed to stop discussing something (which wasn't contentious - it was just not going anywhere). I was so involved in posting I didn't notice that the Mod had asked us to stop. I contacted the Mod and apologised at the time.

Bearing in mind, it was an unintentional error by me and I have been banned for 18 months, I would like to be able to post again. I don't think it was envisaged that this thread would still be live nearly 2 years later.

Perhaps, rather than giving a lifetime ban (which is a bit severe), maybe 6 months/1 year would be more appropriate.

Thanks.

JM08

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,593 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The dispute resolution forum only deals with pointed sanctions and forum bans. I have moved this to Help Desk

Have you taken this up recently with the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

No, I haven't. I thought that life bans would be an overall boards policy sanction. So I have to contact the Mod who banned me. I'll do that. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

To clarify that aspect. DRP deals with formal and recorded actions, such as forum bans and warning points. These are technical things recorded against an account.

A thread ban isn't part of these, and despite the common term for it calling it a ban, it's classed as a moderators instruction, which is far more general, and doesn't have any kind of formal record. Hence why you may see busier/contentious threads listing those banned from that thread in the first post of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,593 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thank you. If they do not get back to you please drop me a PM as I am also a mod of the forum as well as a Site Administrator

• Advertisement

This has been resolved via PM

Advertisement