Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Apprentice UK 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Don't think there's any conspiracy theory here tbh. Terrible firings happen on every series of The Apprentice, the two Irish contestants were simply unlucky to fall victim to it this year. There's been plenty of great Irish contestants down through the years who've made it far on the show, Kristina Grimes of course being the best all the way back in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Amazing they happen to be all sitting together in the same row on both sides

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The usual awe inspiring team names as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Is it just me or are these contestants lacking common sense and creativity in a big way!?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

2-4 year olds would do better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Surprised the girls didn't go for team Allergan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yer one is like a broken record with the inclusivity stuff.

Its only a bloody cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Some lookalikes I spotted this evening......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Well that was boring, dozed off for a good bit but looked like the team leader should have gone.

what was the point in him turning up at the house at the end? It added nothing. Thought we were in for something out of left field like someone from the other team getting gone or some sort of rule breaking but no just an your off to Brighton at some stage soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Hero of Antigua cruelly despatched 2 tasks later. I think all 3 firings have been wrong so far.

Pretty uninteresting episode. Think I always struggle the first time the teams are 'mixed', as I still don't know who is who yet.

And yay, the usual 5 minutes of screen-time wasted on utterly pointless market research happening too late for it to lead to any changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Another nonsensical firing. How the PM wasn't the one "responsible" for failing (again) is beyond me.

Thank god next week is the finding items task, might inject some life into this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

3 weeks in a row the losing PM has survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

I thought he was in trouble when it was made clear he did nothing but pm should be pulled up for letting him do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He’ll be ok. If recent trends continue, he will be the pick to go on the next season of E4’s celebrity goes dating. Either him or the James Bond lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Poor enough episode.

My favourite task is next week, get 9 items and have the the most money left at the end of the task to win, fully measurable, everyone has equal resources and means to procure the goods, it's all about planning and negotiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Although hadn’t there been a few questionable winners over the years where working out what the value of missed items takes away from what they have left? Agree though it’s generally one of the better tasks. It’s usually very clear who did well who didn’t and who did nothing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Deffo my favourite episode (the scavenger hunt); they haven’t done it over the last few years. Bet there are a few of those dopes that can’t read a map!

was a bit sorry to see Greg go, he was a little different and more his own person then the other wannabes; he did contribute nothing tho.

Feeling old hearing them ask what 45 means.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

This week's 'treat' for the winning team has got to be the worst I've ever seen 😲 And they're seemingly not even allowed change clothes, must go straight from the boardroom as all still wearing their suits.

M

Not knowing how to read maps, jaysus, what's different to using Google Maps, do they need directions spoon fed to them step by step by Mrs Google in the headphones?

• Advertisement

Started watching last season and enjoyed it. I have a big problem with the format though. For regular episodes they take on the tasks but for the 'final' they present a business idea. Its like a talent show where people are judged on singing cover versions but for the final sing their own songs. Makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Caf-E racer was a pretty good and original premise ...

Yer wan comes up with Zip Zap....zip along in a zap 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 28,364 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Delighted Shazia is finally gone, seems like all she does is moan every time she's on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"From Generation Z, to Generation E" might have been a better tag line....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭AyeGer

That she went through a degree in marketing and came up with that rubbish is really damning. She definitely had to go.

She seemed like an absolute nightmare to work with too.

M

Such a terrible performance from both teams this week. Surely the quietness, range, running costs and reliability of the e-motorbike were what a campaign should target. On the bike itself why you would design it with a petrol tank shape when it's electric is beyond me, you have free reign to do whatever you want once there's space for the battery and you foolishly go backwards in shaping it like a ICE bike.

I'm liking the international locations for this series though.

Tonights episode Lord Sugar had to pik the least sh!t campaign.

That said, the format of the show itself is setting teams up for failure. For example, they get feedback, after they have finished the design and then go straight into the pitches. No time to change things, after the feedback.

As for the bike design itself, I really liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Niall_76

I’d like if sometimes sugar would say the winning team isn’t getting the prize. Too often you have a bunch of incompetents celebrating being great when in reality it would be difficult to be worse yhss as n the losers

Advertisement