Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 - 1000 mile challenge - year 14

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Passed 2,000 miles last week - won’t make the 2,200 target for the year but happy enough with another solid year of 40 mile weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

parkrun & the Goal Mile (laps of the carpark in MTU!) just nudged me over 2000 miles for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Wottle

Over the 2000 mile mark this morning, leaving it late.

A running year to leave behind me, roll on 2024!

Happy New Year All

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Fell short by about 50 miles this year having had a few niggles since Dublin, first time in five years not hitting the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My first time for aim for 1,000 miles, I'm more around a 1,000km person so I fancied a bit of a push. Ended up just over 900 miles for the year - 1,450kms. So happy enough with that and I didn't do much running since DCM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

2,412 miles, first time missing 3k miles in 10 years.

2nd half of the year was a car crash, firstly diagnosed with a genetic disorder which meant backing off training, and then mid Nov out of nowhere picked up a calf injury doing nothing more than an easy morning run, final 6 weeks of the year were nothing more than the occasional test run (a total of 29 miles).

New Year, New Hope!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only managed 867 miles myself for 2023, think that might be my first year failing to reach the target. Got off to a very slow start and left myself too much to do in the second half of the year. Should be able to fit in a bit more for 2024 with any luck, and the main mission is to try and regain my GFA time for London 2025 now I'm in a new age category.

The new 2024 sheet should be live shortly, apologies for the delays...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Poncho1964

Only getting around to updating now. Very happy with 1062 for the year. Happy New Year everyone!!

Advertisement