Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I take over as a foster parent for a foster niece?

Options
  • 30-12-2022 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

Hi All,

I have a foster niece that lives with my brother. We have had her in our family for 13 years, since she was a baby, so she is a part of the family like everyone else.

There may come a time very soon that the situation will change and she will no longer be living with my brother and his family.

My question is, if this does happen, could I apply to Tusla to take over and become her foster parent?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

If you have been activitly involved in this child's life it may be possible for you to be assessed under the Section 36 ( Friends and Family scheme). This is quicker that a general fostering assessment but it is still quite detailed. Your first port of call should be the allocated social worker for the child .

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 Coxcombered

Thanks Clog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Confirm your email address so you can post properly. When that's done I'll move this to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement