Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 18 Matchday Thread

Options
  • 30-12-2022 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭

Easiest week this season to pick a team, just benched James and pray that Cancelo starts. And use 2 FT's next GW and hope maybe some info of DGW's but unlikely.

Kepa

White, Cancelo, Trippier

Salah, Mount, Martinelli, Rashford

Haaland (c), Nunez, Mitro

Ward, Andreas, Beuno, James

GL all, tonight's the night Nunez goes off I feel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I did the same with James and Cancelo shmee

kepa

cancelo shaw tripps

rash Salah Almiron martinelli

martial haaland(c) nunez

ward andreas castagne James

good luck all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

West Ham XI: Fabianski; Emerson, Dawson, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Coufal, Rice; Bowen, Paqueta, Benrahma; Scamacca.

Subs: Areola, Johnson, Fornals, Antonio, Lanzini, Downes, Kehrer, Aguerd, Soucek.

Brentford XI: Raya; Jorgensen, Pinnock, Mee; Roerslev, Jensen, Norgaard, Da Silva, Henry; Mbuemo, Toney.

Subs: Cox, Canos, Wissa, Ghoddos, Jansson, Lewis-Potter, Damsgaard, Janelt, Trevitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kepa

Tripp Cancelo Saliba

Salah Mount Almiron Martinelli

Nunez Martial Haaland(c)

Ward Shaw Andreas Bueno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Toney goal.

Well done to anyone who took a gamble on him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Liverpool CS gone

• Advertisement

DaSilva (Toney)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Toney was never on my radar but it’s a joke that a player can be charged by the FA for betting before the WC, and is playing away now with a potential ban incoming - it’s such an unfair situation especially on the teams he’s playing against - why is it taking so long to suspend him?

Nunez assist.

Faes with two own goals for Leicester.

TAA assist for the first I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

How will he Faes his teammates at ht after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

2 of the oddest OG's you'll ever see, dunno how Nunez didn't finish his one without the help of Faes. Should have scored.

• Advertisement

I feel for the first one, if Leicester players had of ran back to the line they might have been able to head it away instead of being on their heels - maybe that's been a little harsh but felt like it was in the air for a while

Robbo off injured, Tsimiks on

Ox off, Keita on

Nunez...... A hual.is.coming!

I can't keep saying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Two tough away games coming up now, think I'll move him on to Mitro. He doesn't need 15 chances to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Stretchered off there so probably won't be seeing him again for a while either way.

Nunez missing chances after chances - bit like Sterling at City a few years ago - if he could finish he would be a great player for FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Did Robbo's injury look bad? Could do without using up a transfer on him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

He walked off OK but he went down seeming to know he had to come off. The commentator mentioned something about a hip problem.

Nunez had 7 shots and created 2 chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I guess he is entitled to due process, to be given a fair opportunity to read and assess the charges against him to see what allegations he has to defend. It's clearly far more complicated than say a dangerous tackle where they can charge & have the hearing before the next game.

Some might say a full-pay suspension should happen once the charge is announced, but at a guess I'd say the players union wouldn't accept this.

By the way I'd tend to agree that the ~6 week gap since the charges is too long. Seems to me that 2/3 weeks for him and his lawyers to read the charges would be reasonable.

• Advertisement

Didn't he get charged with more counts since it originally came out so it seems the investigation wasn't even fully over, the timing off it coming out the week of the world cups picks was a little suss. I reckon it was Wilson :)

No Rashford ! Oh bollox.... On bench. Dalot not in squad

XI WOLVES: José Sá; Nélson Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno; Matheus Nunes, Rúben Neves, Moutinho; Hwang, Diego Costa, Podence

XI MANCHESTER UNITED: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Shaw, Malacia; Bruno Fernandes, Casemiro, Eriksen; Antony, Martial, Garnacho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭crushproof

Great news for anyone without Rashford. Let's go Bruno!

Ugghhh...for internal discipline reasons.... whatever the hell that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Den Haag being a Pep

Annoying for Rashers owners

And the fear of Cancelo not starting to come now later to add to this.

Andreas and Beuno only 2 bench options.

Was happy enough yesterday at 6pm and didn't think of Rashford of all players getting benched.

Wouldn’t be too disappointed if Rashford didn’t get on, as maybe then would mean he’s done his time and will get on the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Xander10

Pep will rotate between today and the midweek game. Is he more likely to rest some today at home to Everton than away to Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got lucky not owning Cancelo, James or Foden last week. Don't either Rashford either. I do own Robertson though hopefully it's not serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Brought in Rashford this week for Trossard

Advertisement