Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my neighbour being a lying opportunist?

Options
2»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If he is says “great, show it to your insurance, it shows your car sliding into mine”?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Second thought, if it was that slippy when you hit his car would it not have moved away on the slippy surface? as per @[Deleted User] something physics...motion... etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Unfortunately I think you’ll have to pay up. You didn’t take any photos of the cars and do you have no proof. You admitted liability and if you send it through insurance they will load your premium. Besides he can simple as take your insurance details off the disc and report it to them himself, and leave you on the back foot. Offer to pay for the damage but have it inspected somewhere you won’t be ripped off. Sorry, it’s a hard lesson but in this case I don’t see any other choice. Might be worth asking the other neighbours if any of them have cctv or similar that might help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"I was mistaken. My car could not have moved of it's own accord."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

Indeed, report everything you've posted here to your Insurance company.

"I heard a loud bang and looked out the window. I saw your car had of its own accord moved and made contact with mine. I thought no more about it and returned to watching TV!...lol.

OP ask to see the damage. If the two cars were parked nose-to-nose, how is he after getting his wing light broken?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Doesn't admitting liability invalidate your insurance policy ? If so you should let the neighbour know that there's no point in going to your insurance company.

Was it windy ? Act Of God ?

• Absolutely not a chance! I know it’s easy to look at a situation in hindsight but for anyone reading like just never do that. Even if you’re dead wrong like don’t do it never implicate yourself like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there any possibility that a third vehicle hit either of the parked vehicles?

Slid down the Grassy Knoll perhaps?

Interesting! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What exactly did his message say and what exactly was your reply?

• Advertisement
Advertisement