Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very basic maths question.

• 27-12-2022 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I'm wiring a switch, there are 4 terminals and 4 wires. I have to attach exactly one wire to one hole and use all 4 wires so all 4 terminals are used.

Is there 24 combinations? 4x3x2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mct1

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

In what quantum are you currently in? Is there a derivative solution or is the wiring subject to alternative connections?

If yes then the answer is 4x3x2x1 / x -y = 0 being x being the alternate reaction of the wiring to your connecting switchboard and y being the measurement or scope of my ability to understand what I am talking about. It is a constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭user302243

If the terminals were in a 2x2 grid and the wires are in pairs and each pair must stay on the same line how many combinations are there?

Advertisement