Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband

Options
  • 26-12-2022 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone using Imagine what are they like for bb?

Ivertec not available in my area.

Eir fibre not available until 26/27. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I haven't used them in years, so not sure what they are like now. Currently using Digiweb and find them good. Used to have Vodafone and they were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Try and see if you've any 4g/5g reception in your area. You can get a router / sim combo cheap enough if it works.

I'm using Starlink in a black zone for mobile phone coverage and no fibre broadband here for years too. Starlink works great but quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I have 3 sim card and router but its a but sh1t coverage wise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I used imagine for 2 years until I could get fibre. I was surprised by how good they were despite their reputation. It all depends on the mast you are on though. The Slieve Mish mast over Tralee has good fibre backhaul but there are other masts around the country that give very poor speeds.

Avoid Kerry broadband like the plague whatever you do. I could tell you some horror stories.

Advertisement