Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55" OLED TV - CS6 SERIES €990

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Burn in is a non problem in these new panels for normal use.

If you watch a bit of telly and play a few games and turn it off when not in use then it's never going to be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

Burn in will only happen if you have the likes of Sky News or stations/games with a static image on 24/7 for months on end, I've also had a plasma for 10+ years with no sign of burn in and an older OLED with no sign of burn in

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ron.

Anyone received notice for click & collect yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

Received mine today. Absolutely cracking tv for €900! Thanks op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Does anyone have an 85" tv? They have seriously gone down in value lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

I wonder are they coming down in price as large power hungry TVs are about to be banned in the EU.

I needed to avail of the nationwide delivery. Got an email to say Caulfield transport will pick it up today and deliver in 7-10 working days. So it could be two weeks from today before I get it. Hopefully that's an overestimate and it's here this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

You'll get a text from Caulfields once they have it and it'll state 3-4 days working. I think it was 4 working days for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

OLED? very rare and massively expensive, Sony and LG appear to do an 83" version but you're talking about €5k. I've been keep a rough eye on a Philips 77" OLEDs but prices continue to increase even on older models, the 807 is currently about €4k and think I've seen it for about €3k a few months ago. The 65" 807 is currently about €2.1k so massive difference in cost currently.

RicherSounds have this 85" Sony LED TV for an impressive £2k so not far behind projector size. (won't let me post full link so hopefully that suffices to find)

https://www.richersounds.com/sony-bravia-fwd-85x90h.html?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭kirving

Agreed. I have an €2,500 LG C6V OLED, bought exactly 6 years ago. At about the 3yr mark, it showed a little burn in, which got worse for the next year.

This was it at the 4yr mark. Lots caused by news channel, but issues in the centre of the TV too. This was in a family room with a good mix of stuff on daily, not set to a news channel all day or anything.

Despite burn in not being excluded from warranties then, and having a 5yr extended aftermarket guarantee, both Currys and LG gave me the runaround for months. I didn't want a full refund or anything like it, just some sort of contribution towards a replacement which would be adjusted for devaluation and usage over time.

All in a though, an excellent TV otherwise, and the colours are only apparent in some content.

All of the above said, I bought a 2021 Sony OLED XT55A80JU on St. Stephens Day for €1,189, and got a €119 voucher back from Harvey Norman, making €1070 net.

It's got Google TV (2020 had Android TV) and is extremely similar to the 2022 model. I know that this is liable to suffer burn in too, but I'm hoping for better from Sony than LG.

Originally got a Sony 42" for the London 2012 Olympics (which Sony sent someone to the house to repair for free) and it's still going strong, a 2013 32" in a bedroom which still looks perfect, and a 2021 40" in my apartment which has been flawless to date. All LCD's granted, but a good measure of their manufacturing quality IMO. I'm hoping their OLED loves up to the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

The panels used in the Sony OLEDs are supplied by LG as far as I know, so are exactly the same as the LG OLED Panels. But burn in was probably more of an issue a number of years ago, as the quality of the panels have improved since. Still can happen, but should be less likely. But I agree with the point on the warranty, if the manufacturer is not worried about it then they should cover for it in their warranty should it happen.

As for the the offer from the OP, sorry I missed it, but will probably wait for the C2 to get reduced in price when the C3 comes out. As from what Ive read from the CES show, the C3 is not much of an upgrade on the C2. Seems its just a processor upgrade and updated Web OS. Initial reports say the biggest issue for the C3 is that the C2 is still such a great TV. Hopefully I'll pick up a 65" model at a bargain price in a couple of months 😁

Got that text, had my phone on airplane mode by mistake. Fingers crossed it's here by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palec69

Collected it today. Everything's fine except the weight...

On LG's official website, it states the tv is 12.7 kg. My wall mount can hold up to 15 kg, so I thought ill be fine. I weight it with a bathroom scale because I could tell straight away it's more than 12.7 kg when I lifted it. This thing weighs around 18 kg without the stand !!!

Tv stand is not an option for me and the weight was a major factor when picking the tv. Now I need a new wall mount(100e) and probably drill new holes ... 😡🤬

Thanks LG and FU LG 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Price has now jumped to €1630, probably so they can pretend to offer a huge discount whenever the next sale is. Hopefully soon 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

I saw that too, found this thread and was going to buy one this morning! 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I have a 5~6 year old LG 65" OLED and it has mininal burn-in - a faint line due to my better half pausing Sky and the progress banner not dimming (thanks Sky for not auto dimming that for whatever reason) and due to day to day use, the middle of the screen has more wear. Funnily, you can only really notice it with the Simpons and the yellow they use for the characters.

I think that isn't that bad when considering the horror stories people piped out back then for not getting an OLED. The picture quality is still amazing. From reciently walking through the big stores looking at new sets and comparing the other latest/greatest non-OLED to OLEDs sitting side by side, I couldn't get a non-OLED. The picture quality is nowhere near from my feeble eyes. I'm sure others know better.

Had a moment of madness and ordered a C2 set to replace/move on :)

All screen types have their issues. Oled burn-in isn't a unique problem. The last TV I had was a mid range Samsung LED TV which developed blue patches around the 5 year mark just when it was out of warranty.

It still works grand, but they can be distracting when watching football or something with a uniform colour across the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭thegame983

Very weird. Maybe an error? The C2 is €1399 and that is objectively a better LG TV.

Bought one on Sunday and just noticed it's still in my shopping basket with the old price 😆 Went all the way up to "pay now" option, pretty sure I'd be charged 1089.95e for it.

• Advertisement

I contacted Power City directly and they sorted me with a great price. Maybe not quite what some people here got but really good. Great work PowerCity 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Contacted them myself....didn't offer any discount. :(

I think I got the last one, sorry! Hopefully prices will come down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

price down to 1399 now, you can buy a C2 for that price

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Yeah it's a strange one. Hopefully they've a discount planned in the near future. The C2 is 'slightly ' reduced again at richer sounds £1099 https://www.richersounds.ie/p-206201-lg-oled55c24la-new-2022-23-oled-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat.aspx?swapstore=1

It'd need to fall quite a bit further.

Don't clear your browser cache after shopping at powercity.ie you might get lucky 😍

I just threw Avatar on there as a test. Bloody hell it looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Hideki99235

They had this for 1,500 pound just before xmas, so realistically it's gone up 500 quid.

• Advertisement

Only got the TV a few days ago, with Christmas shutdown of nationwide delivery.

Slight flaw in the panel, faint line running down the screen. Mailed PowerCity this morning, included images of fault, and new TV being shipped

Advertisement