Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving SMS verification all of a sudden

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Push notifications and SMS messages can be a bit hit and miss sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

You will need to call them. Same happened to me also. Somebody on their side changed a setting which disabled the feature. They tried to tell me I had done it in there app, but I told them I don't use the app so it couldn't have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,332 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're not getting a notification from a particular app, go into Settings/Notifications/App Notification and see if notifications are enabled for that app. If the app is not even listed, tap the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner and tap 'Show Systen Apps', this should 'unhide' the app and you will be able to enable notifications.

I have a credit union app on my phone, in the app settings it said that notifications were 'blocked' for the app and there was no sign of the app in 'Notifications', even with 'All' selected. The procedure above was the only way I could enable notifications for the app.

Advertisement