Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrister-at-Law vs PHD?

Options
  • 24-12-2022 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

Apologies if I should not have started a new thread, I am adept at reading through Boards.ie however I am a posting novice!

I have both an LL.B and LL.M in Law and the BL degree has always been next on the "to do". Since graduating from my LL.M I find that I am now debating whether the PHD route might be the way to go...(clearly a gluten for punishment).

Whilst I appreciate that such individual decisions are completely subjective, I am just wondering if there is anyone else here who has also juggled this particular choice and what particular factors and considerations influenced your decision?

It would also be really great to hear from any recent BL graduates or those undertaking the (part-time) BL degree course at the Inns at the moment re manageability/ juggling the modular course with working full-time, family commitments, etc!

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement