Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda break door down but haven't contacted me once 3 weeks later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

But you seem to have tied the door to your basic happiness in life, that's the problem. OK, the door got busted in, we still don't get why your kid can't come over and Christmas is ruined. Twenty euro would have sorted it until a proper repair.

You can't tell some guy on a gambling website that you're going to kill yourself and not expect anything to happen. They would have protocols for exactly this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Is "emotive" your new word of the week?

You're determined to find fault with anybody or anything but your own behaviour and reaction to a trivial inability to log in temporarily to a site.

Context on the gambling site explains all. We can't live by protocols; common sense is underrated these days.

I couldn't bring anybody into an environment with a broken door, it was bad enough because of the leak on ceiling and the RTB case started against landlord. Remember I didn't know who called and why because the Guards never ever spoke to me...I know it is easy to blame me for this but come one, really ? I expressed frustration at a low IQ worker. It happens. I reckon everybody has done it. At least I'm honest about it.

Emotive is the word thrown at me so get with the connection.

You're determined to find fault in only me for a throwaway comment/phrase people use all the time. You continue to take only the points that bolster your wish to criticize me and have never found fault in anybody else but me. Why do you do that ? It is peculiar. Shall I call the cops ?

Seriously guys (apart from a few good heads) ten years ago this place had some humour involved in any discussion. It is a lot more toxic and non-rational than I remember. Thank you to those who were positive but I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Have you issues with authority or indeed the persons employed by the community to protect you?

I find it intriguing when certain types of citizens try to turn their crimes over on their head whilst being a pale faced liar. Anytime I am ever locked up I just keep my head down and try to be as courteous as possible, it just might help.

Some people are obsessed with blaming the Gards on everything. I told you, they are not worth it. All you have to do is never eyeball them for more than 3 seconds at a time.

With CCTV now in all the interrogation rooms they don't get the opportunity to beat the shight out of people handcuffed to a nearby chair. That is nasty stuff, I hope no one ever has to do that one. Their breath be stinking, Smelly BO, I would say the cops do be fuming at the end of their shift. Ploughing into ye with slaps around the ear to start, then the gloves go on for the heavy fisties and kicks to the shin, ouch, can still feel that one

would you prefer to see us without Garda ?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭derb12

OP, I’ve just read through your post and I’m picturing michael Douglas in that 90s movie Falling Down. Couple of things:

1 you’ve had a really tough year with lots of problems that seem to be taking their toll. Look after your mental health, try to talk to someone to help keep your life in perspective

2 you made a throwaway comment on a customer support chat about “losing the will to live” and the person in the other end either a) didn’t understand that that’s just a saying and was concerned and followed protocol b) knew well that this wasn’t a cry for help but decided to cause a bit of bother for a difficult customer or c) knew it was probably nothing but decided to follow protocol and report out if an abundance of caution. My advice would be to not concern yourself with which was true but learn from this experience and keep the head in situations like this in future.

3 the Gardai did respond to a call, had several personnel on site and absolutely must have had something on pulse. If not, then as you say, a crime has been committed. I would try visiting them in person at some quiet time. Tell them that you are just trying to get to the bottom of what happened. Maybe bring someone with you.

4 if you look at it from the Gardai’s point of view - it doesn’t add up either. They get a call to say that a man is on the verge of suicide so they arrive and mess up his apartment and leave. Just because you weren’t there dead doesn’t mean that you weren’t still suicidal and if that was the case, arriving home to a busted apartment would surely push a man over the edge. It just doesn’t make sense.

It’s obviously a crappy end to a crappy year, but you’ll get over it. The fact that you made that statement probably means that you will be liable for the cost of fixing things. Just learn from the experience and try to get stuff sorted so you can enjoy Christmas!

That's an interesting comment. I've experienced that very thing, about 16 years ago. They searched me for the third on the street, nothing on me the first couple of times, and I refused. I had a shopping bag with carrots, potatoes and mince. About twenty of them struggled to put handcuffs on me and put me in a back of a car. One trailed me out by the hair backwards onto the ground outside police station. and beat me repeatedly with his truncheon, kicks in the head too, despite me saying that was enough. Broken ankle and blood gushing from my head over my face while about ten of them laughed at me inside the station. I ranted at them for a good ten minutes and trust me they listened.

These kinds of things are more common than people realise and they will always leave a mental scar. They didn't even give me my shopping back before I limped home. I don't have any criminal convictions to my name.

These things shouldn't happen.

Yes we need to get rid of the Garda and start with a completely new protection force with proper protocols. We need change from top to bottom. A new and united Ireland.

Sorry, did you want everybody to make a laugh of the situation? That's different so. You should have make yourself clearer.

Nope but some sense rather than picking out points to suit ones denial would have sufficed.

• Advertisement

If we get rid of the Gards and replace them with another form of authority how will you cope with that?

I usually shight the floor and smear it all around the door so they go on their ear if they rush in for a few digs.

do you reckon if they reformed the Gards it would change anything? I don't know what your problem is with them tbh. Most Gards who have handled me are fair enough. I nailed a Bean Gard from Waterford a few times, savage in the nest, she loved it. me too it was loverly. She was an absolute bear in the sack.

Thankyou. That's a nice comment.

1. I've been through a lot worse and I'll be ok. Very bad year but I'm one of 8 billion.
    2. I'm guessing 'c' would be correct
    3. The fact they said they didn't have anything on system certainly exasperated things and was wrong on their part
    4. Yes, thank you for being one of the first to understand how that also escalated my confusions and my actions/non action on the door after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭spakman

OK, I supported you on the original situation, but saying the guards need to be scrapped is jumping an ocean of sharks

So are you're saying 'F**K the Garda' and everything will be ok... I'm quite happy with a new authority as long as they're tough on the scumbags and corruption rather than fining and making ordinary people's live harder than they should be.

Really? the place is a mess with corruption and they're meant to protect us. I know there are plenty with good intentions, I've met many who are decent, but some of those at the very top are up to their necks in wrongs that benefit them only. There is absolutely no need for Heroin dealers and the likes to be in trade. Sooner or later they get busted, sure, where does all their wealth go? Where is the justice for those killed because the Guards sat back and watched as the scum built their empires? It doesn't have to be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Weirdly I just went to collect my post and that is exactly what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He'll probably kick it in after another sure thing let's him down and concoct some random fantasy against the gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah, the old "Gardai should go and fight real crime" line (aka anyone/anything but me).

I think you are being a crank to be honest. Having authority issues is always going to be a struggle for you. You cannot grasp the concept that they are protecting you when then batter down your front door with an armed unit and sniffer dogs. Those sniffer dogs get their hair everywhere, you can never get rid of the smell of Bengee the Garda Dog.

I would love to be a Gard, get a car to swan around in looking for handy crimes to prosecute.

the funniest is the way they never admit to pocketing piles of dirty drugs money when they bust gaffs. 10,000 in used currency can go a long way every year. It is gas, the poor dealers can't get it back so they end up having to murder someone, just in case they phucked up.

I think we have well over 1,000 gangland murders since Martin Cahill was murdered. That is lots of hurt and pan to families, the Gards don't shoot criminals as far as I now. Or if they have they were never caught at it. It helps when you know what to do.

Why dio you think that the Gards are your enemy, do you enjoy the confrontation? Or are you suffering from a persecution complex, it might be that simple? You should get that checked out by your 'GP. If you could get treated for those behaviours it will allow you to spend your time and energy doing something of benefit to you.... as opposed to constantly being in confrontation with anything that crosses your path.

The Gards are not the problem, it is your persecution complex that is disrupting your life. The Gard bashing is what is manifesting itself from within you own tortured soul. I would be looking to sort that out, having obsessive ill feeling and constantly critiquing coppers does not sound like fun... at all.

Have you ever assaulted a Gard, like on purpose? Would you harass a Gard?

• Advertisement

So you come online to persecute me is how you prove your point?

You're fantasising that its fantasy. A winner never quits; A quitter never wins.

Ah the old 'I'm scared to speak out against authority so I'll criminalize the meek.' line. (aka I'll deny my own transgressions to the grave and hope nobody notices.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Strangely enough, I think you've just proved his point regarding a persecution complex.

Well I grew up in Belfast while you Free Staters were looking the other direction. But I still luv you all so Happy Christian principle day. Hope you get a lovely overpriced gift from little baby santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Give over! At least we know what we're dealing with now. I can imagine the scene with the Garda in the shop more clearly. The poor devil!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement