Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to add savings account to bank ing 365

Options
  • 20-12-2022 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hello I have Banking 365 set up and several accounts registered (two current accounts and one credit card account). I want to add the joint savings account I have with my wife and which shows on her banking 365. So I did what was require and entered the account data etc and received a text message saying this was not a valid account etc. And a phone number 0818365365 for your help centre. But there are NO options on this number to sort this out. And the system just disconnects me after a while. How in God's name do you manage to run a bank with such bad service? And how do I now get this joint account registered adn visible on my banking 365 when there is no method to contact somebody about this. I may just invest my savings somewhere else that is easier for me to access. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi joeirish,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear you've had difficulty adding an account to your profile. Can we ask what type of savings account you hold, demand deposit, goal saver or mortgage saver?

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

I don't know which type of savings account because it does not say this on the last printed statement which is from 2015. and I cannot get an online statement because I cannot set up this account on bankning 365. I believe it is just a regular savings account.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us. Can you please check with the other account holder if they can view both balance and transactions for the account online or just the balance?

Thanks

Tara

My wife, the joint account holder, can see both balance and transactions online. Thanks

Great, thanks for confirming. If you select Demand Deposit Account from the drop down list of account types the account should be added within a couple of days for you. The account number is the last eight digits of the IBAN for the account.

Thanks

Tara

• Advertisement

Thank you. However perhaps you could ask your colleagues to provide meaningful account types that match with what is written on statements. So the statement says Savings account but the drop down I should choose says Demand Deposit Account. Not exactly intuitive. Also if a text message is being sent to help customers with issues perhaps the phone number given should have an option for the type of issue the customer is having. Some folk may not have access to Boards.ie. These suggestions would have the added advantage of not wasting your time or that of your customers.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions joeirish we'll ensure to pass this on and apologies this process hasn't gone as smoothly as it should.

Thanks

Tara

Advertisement