Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All ID Verification process

Options
  • 20-12-2022 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I got a €100 voucher from my employer recently, and I was asked for either a birth cert or diver's license. Is anybody familiar with this? I don't recall having to do this with the ones people got from their car insurance companies during Covid. Isn't this bizarre? I don't feel too comfortable about it. There's no way around it? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Got one from my employer recently & was asked for ID verification via ID-Pal.

Think it's to do with having higher amounts on the cards & is anti money laundering related.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rosalinda Eyes

One4All, as part of the instructions to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Yeah the process wasn't very clear, I struggled trying to activate the card for a while before I noticed something that said it needs ID verification. It was stuck on 'Pending Activation' status then I saw the below in the FAQ:

"Why does my card read ‘pending activation’?

If your digital gift card shows as pending activation in your ‘My gift cards’ section, this means you have successfully claimed an employer issued reloadable digital card and now need to complete the activation process. Once you click to activate the card you will receive a link via text for the ID Pal service. Please follow the instructions in the text and via the ID Pal App to complete this process."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No it's not bizarre. It's anti-money laundering and very standard. Once you do it, you're verified in their system for two years.

The only way round it us to not use the voucher.

oH RIGHT. dO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER TWO YEARS?

Now they want me to take photos of my face and upload them! This is too much. I will need to ring them sometime. There has to be an alternative.

It is strange that I am the only who finds this too much!

Why is it too much? They need to verify you vs your ID. It's a very standard procedure, similar to signing up for Revolut or an online only bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

The difference though is that you choose to use a bank/Revolut. If an employer chooses to use the small benefit exemption it should not come with additional requirements to use it e.g. a Dunnes gift card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

Have to say I agree, this is way over the top to use a simple gift card. Surely GDPR overrules any nonsense about anti laundering? I can't imagine a drug lord using 100euro gift cards to launder dirty money - he'd not be long in business using 100euro cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's a gift card, not a bank account. I can buy gift vouchers in a local shopping centre and gift as much as I like to people, without them needing to prove their identities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Well actually its because drug dealers were using mules to launder money through these cash cards (by the way they are cash cards not gift cards as they are essentially whitelisted visa/mastercard cards). The anti money laundering legislation is on these cards because they are cash cards not gift cards. Real gift cards are not covered by the aml.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Buts that's where you are wrong - these are not gift cards as you see them. They are visa/mastercards and covered by aml legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

What exactly do you think GDPR covers, it's not actually an excuse not to give any information to anyone, data is still required to perform everyday transactions, it is the way that this data is stored and used that GDPR is concerned with

As other users have stated these are prepaid Mastercard or Visa debit cards and are subject to the same AML rules as any other debit or credit card, the only way to control criminals is to cut off their supply of funds and this can only be achieved by ensuring that AML rules are followed at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

I think you can return the card to one for allfor cash for 20 euro surcharge or something… at least used to be able. might not need all the id stuff then.

If you do validate it- I heard you can use it to top up a revolut card also… easier to spend then.

“Roll it back”

I think the max amount onone4all cards that doesn't require this verification process, is €150. But I'd have to go back to my employee and ask them to return it? I'd probably be the only one to do this!!

So below is a copy of the email reply I got from One4All for anyone who's interested:

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kindly be advised that when Company orders for products requiring ID verification are placed, the company is made aware of the process and agrees to this for themselves and any member of their staff that will be receiving the product.

If you are not happy to complete the process, you will need to raise this with the purchaser who will be able to request a refund for the product purchased for you. The company can place a new order for smaller value standard One4all cards for you which are issued up to a maximum of 150 and are limited when spending online to a max of 50 Euro per transaction.

ID Pal is the System that one4all Selected in order to securely obtain the required Customer Due diligence to enable us to issue higher value products to customers / Companies.

Once a submission is made, all data captured is scrubbed from the mobile phone and transferred securely into a secure portal. All data is held on computers at physically secure facilities and is protected by encryption in a facility that is also monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I remain at your disposal if additional help is needed.

undefined

I got a message on Friday from One4All saying "Last Chance! Please complete your submission to One4All".

What does last chance mean? I surely have a bit of time to go back to the purchaser (my company) and ask them to exchange it for individual cards that only allow €150.

• Advertisement

Of course you have time to do that.

But your company may say "no, we're not wasting our time doing that".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭daheff

OP you can possibly make a complaint to your company that their 'gift' means you must provide your personal details to a company against your wishes to utilise said gift. Maybe use that as a reason when you return the card to them.

have to say I dislike One4all more and more each day. they are extremely user unfriendly. Their cards are not widely accepted as a mastercard/visa either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

I prefer me2you over One for All as they don't require this ID verification, and also accepted at Tesco. So basically, I use it for regular groceries, and the money saved would use to purchase anything anywhere with my bank card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If your company is making use of the small gift exemption, changing to €150 cards will cap what you can get tax-free at €300 (it can only be two cards, max).

Also, trying to obtain multiple sub-registration-level cards in one go for one recipient would be seen as exceptionally dodgy even without the tax implications. These rules are anti money laundering.

Was talking to HR today. She said it was a decision made up in head office in Dublin. They basically wouldn't be willing to exchange it as it'd be giving me special treatment over the other workers. If I wanted to complain I'd have to get on someone very high up directly. I'll be appointed in a month. Maybe I'd feel more comfortable causing such trouble then!

Maybe I could just take a photo of someone else's face for the for the part of the process I'm not comfortable with! Would people in One4All be comparing it against my photo on my driver's license?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yes. I had to do it for a €50 one a few months back, and we just got a €500 one (for being the lowest paid in the company) and it was loaded on with no issues, ready to spend. But I did have to send my driving licence and a selfie. Of course, I did it on a Friday evening and it got stuck somewhere, so 2 weeks later I remembered it and they had to cancel it and I had to submit again, but was sorted within the hour then. But yes, they verify the photo against your licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

could offer it for sale for cash at a decent discount to one of your work mates who didnt mind doing the process... ?

or keep it for a re-gift it to someone - I dont think its in your name until you claim it...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Well I had already uploaded the driver's license, and then gave up on it when it came to the selfie part. So I don't know if I can start again.

Advertisement