Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't ATMs sell stamps?

Options
  • 19-12-2022 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,073 ✭✭✭✭

Okay I already know the answer, because they're not bothered doing it, but hear me out

So apparently like many others I was queuing up recently to buy stamps at my local post office. It's the most convenient place that sells them so it was the place to go

Owing to the time of year, the queue was out the door, buying stamps probably took 15 mins when it should have take about 30 seconds

Yes, I'm dumb for not getting them earlier, but I'm not the only one. And yes, some shops sell them but not all so it's pot luck to find one that has them in stock

So here's my thought, ATMs are pretty ubiquitous. I know when you need one they all seem to be hiding or broken but in general they're more available than post offices

ATMs should have a reel of stamps in them, you put your card in, select how many you want and it spits out that number

Now, before anyone points it out, I know there's stamp vending machines around, but they're pretty uncommon and they're the latest technology from 1975 and cash only. Since stamp booklets are often an odd amount of money then it's inconvenient to try and have that exact amount of change

What do people think? Would selling stamps revitalise the ATM industry (ha, just kidding 😂) or is it a terrible idea?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

Advertisement