Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best motoring YouTube channel?

Options
  • 14-12-2022 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously Donut Media is number 1. But what other channels are worth watching from a gearhead pov?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭[Steve]

Few from my subscriptions, no specific theme though - kind of random.

AutotopiaLA, AutoExpertJC, AutoalexCars, CarWow, AdamC3046, CarThrottle, Driven Media, Edd China, Engineering Explained, Mighty Car Mods.

The best one has to be DougDeMuro.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

Rev up your engines !

Scotty Kilmer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

It varies... currently "harrys garage" and "cars with Luke".... which is predominantly porsche based, but his quality is insane. Hard to beat a 911 roaring through the mountains of Switzerland.

Ive gone completely off SupercarsofLondon, TGE, archie Hamilton, schmee, supercar blondie.... massive video churn and click bait for stuff which is either stupid or unobtainable, although I do like tge for his honesty and his collection porsches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Harry’s Garage, Jay Leno, Autotrader (Rory Reid),

Documentaries

Big Car, Ruairidh McVeigh

Detailing

AmmoNYC, Detail Geek, Autoshine cars

Irish/Irish based

Endfloat, Sam’s motor and machine

Dashcam

Dutch Dashcam, Dash cam owners Australia (the cursing is hilarious!)

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Autogefugel

Harrys garage

seen through glass

car gurus

Bjorn nyland (EV vehicles)

car wow

• Advertisement

And ChrisFix of course

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Auto Alex cars

Car throttle

Stavros 969

Mad4motors

Adam smith

That's a few i watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

Being fond of motoring nostalgia I do watch Big Car.

It's incredible how professional the documentaries look, assembled as I assume they are from internet sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I like carwow, joel (just bought an S type jag, cant remember the channel name), autotrader, TFL, Teslabjorn, Mat Armstrong all instantly come to mind im sure theres more

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I have to say i really like mat armstrongs stuff at the moment.

• Advertisement

Forgot The Late Brake Show. Countach barnfind was pretty epic. Along with all the Idol Chats.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Used to like Donut Media when they had your man Bart doing their technical explanation videos. He was brilliant and really knew his stuff. The Nolan guy is decent on it too but I can take or leave the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

In approximate order of preference:

salvage rebuilds uk (262K subscribers)

Autogefühl (654K subscribers)

carwow (7.71M subscribers)

EV Review Ireland (11K subscribers)

Munro Live (337K subscribers)

Fully Charged Show (980K subscribers)

The Late Brake Show (468K subscribers)

Engineering Explained (3.36M subscribers)

Carbuyer (619K subscribers)

Autoexpress (529K subscribers)

Tyrrell's Classic Workshop (141K subscribers)

Post edited by route66 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Donut Media have gone downhill since being bought out. Hi Lo isn't as good as it used to be and there's just less information/history stuff, now it's just them reacting to TikTok 'hacks'.

Big fan of Mighty Car Mods, following them over 10 years now. They're one of the few channels that have kept their integrity. No crap sponsors, no click bait. Just car builds, track day face offs etc. Enjoyed their recent Subaru Levorg STI swap.

I like Doug Demuro but recently he's just reviewing cars on his auction platform, there's not enough weird/quirky 80s/90s sports cars. His recent reviews are lackluster.

I've been enjoying Gears and Gasoline lately, they've done some good road trips on Impreza/Evos and have interesting track builds.

I like Autogefuhl for reviews, I'm a sucker for those really in depth 45 minute reviews. I also like the Canadian lads The Straight Pipes and of course our own Nobby On Cars.

I watch Jay Leno occasionally, very interesting stuff on his channel and being an older lad he likes to ramble about the history or the way things were back in the day which is interesting.

Ammo NYC for car cleaning/detailing. Very relaxing watching old cars get cleaned up after sitting in a garage for 20 years or just seeing a flash supercar get a first wash/detail.

I've been watching Aging Wheels lately, it's interesting watching him mess around with restoring or doing a DIY electric project.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Nobby on cars is the best Irish you tube channel I think. Cars Ireland can be good too as can complete car.ie but they don’t seem to put out as much content.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Hoovies Garage has been great but getting a bit dull.

Car wizard stopped watching as its boring now.

Big Car is great still

LegitStreetCars is quickly becoming my go to.

Vice Grip Garage was great but gone very down hill now.

High Peak Autos can be worth an occasional view.

Click bait stuff or amateur dramatics isn't my thing but seems to be what grabs the views on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Salvage rebuilds Uk

Vehcor (crash repairs)

Soup Classic Motoring (Irish stop-motion video based restorations)

Johns Garage (one of our own boardsies doing reviews of classics)

ROVR (old content)

Jay Lenos Garage (a look at his own and others cars)

Hubnut (classic daily drivers)

Big Car (information-heavy videos telling the story if a particular model)

Ruariaidh McVeigh (factual classic car stuff)

Cannibal Cars (Limerick based will-it-run videos mainly)

Steve’s BMW Barn (Irish content)

Bad Obsession Motorsport (very long term projects, funny)

I’ve gone off a lot of the stuff that I would have watched years ago like Samcrac, Regular Car Reviews, Hoovies Garage, Doug DeMuro etc and can’t stand the shouty stuff like Scotty Kilmer, Donut Media etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭standardg60

Saving Salvage if you like your vags

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Cleetus McFarland (American) He owns a race track

PFISpeed (American)

Boostedboiz (American)

O'Reilys Auto's (Irish guy in England as a mobile mechanic, he mostly cleans DPF's)

The Skid Factory (Australian)

Roadside Rescue (American mobile mechanic)

driving for answers ( In Europe somewhere but video's in English)

John's Garage and then those guys in England who done the GT4 mini that has gone on for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

M539 Restorations

The only channel that I actively look forward to watching new content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

My favourite by far is Doug DeMuro. The range and volume of his output is unreal, and he's funny and knowledgeable.

Jonny Smith is another favourite of mine. He's on the Late Brake Show on YouTube now.

Anyone buying an EV should watch Bjorn Nyland (Teslabjorn). I find him extremely funny although he's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. What's beyond doubt is the thoroughness and rigour of his reviews - he sleeps in some of the cars FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Love ROVR, Big Car, and your man McVeigh are very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Totally forgot about TLBS. his podcast with Richard Porter - Smith & Sniff is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

Goonzquad is very good especially the earlier videos 10 out 10 in my eyes definitely worth a look on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

M539 is my favourite. Great content with no bullshit.

Salvage Builds UK. Chris is an expert body repair guy.

Cold War Motors. Canadian channel that does barn yard classic American & French cars.

Late Brake Show. Great reviews & barn finds.

Weird Beard. Used to be great content on it but the lack of cheap cars in US since COVID has hurt his channel IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭purifol0

Savagegeese

Some other Irish ones that I forgot - Soup Classic Motoring. Doing car restoration is hard enough without doing as a timelapse video. Lotus Espirit, classic Range Rover, Sprinter conversion.

Vantage Point Video Garage too. Massive respect for rescuing what had to be one of the last turbo diesel Charades left.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If people are into EVs, fullycharged is a great channel that has a lad in China who reviews all of the newest chinese evs that will be the new standard in a few years time (its already started)

https://www.youtube.com/c/fullychargedshow/videos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Thanks for the mentions lads, appreciate it.

Advertisement