Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable alarm recommendations?

Options
  • 14-12-2022 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I got recently quoted by HomeSecure for my semi-d in a generally safe neighbourhood in Cork city suburbs. €150 installation is one thing, but they quoted me €45/month to monitor it. That seems bananas to me, mad expensive. I’ve requested a call from Verisure as they advertise packages from €14.95/month. I’ve never had an alarm before, so have nothing to compare it to. Can anyone recommend or advise on an affordable route? Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

If your home is prewired you could get a hkc 10270 control panel with touch rkp. All hardwired sensors, motion pir. You could get a wifi card put on the system. €10 a mount for the self monitoring option.

If not prewired go fir the hkc quantum 70 panel and wireless device's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

As someone who works in this industry in Cork, you may be in what you regard as a safe neighbourhood, the issue as like everywhere else, burglars are mobile and target quite neighbourhoods or any neighbourhood for that matter.

Well done on doing your research and for not falling for the never never option.

There is the option of paying €40 plus a month to various companies out there and you get what I regard as basic enough systems granted all do comply with the standards but not all offer full coverage as the one size suits all approach, especially to Security systems simply does not work

You will of course get professional monitoring for that, which is ideal.

As to who legally owns the equipment installed in your own home can be a grey area.

Traditionally and many of us still do this, is we meet the person at their home / premises and do what we are obliged to do and that is a Risk Assessment.

Based on that we prepare a System Deign Proposal with the cost of supplying and fitting the appropriate system for the customers needs based on a few factors.

Once that system is fitted and paid for, it is the customer/ householder who owns that system.

As regards self notification and monitoring, those options are also available and completely at the customers discretion.

Advertisement