Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie Advertising Fees

Options
  • 11-12-2022 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Have I missed something or have the advertising fees for Daft almost quadrupled in price over the last 2 years? In 2020 it was €58, now its €195. WTF??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Inflation etc...whether it's right or wrong.

Someone has to pay for the moneypit that's new boards.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think I paid 19 or 29 in 2015!

Haven't used it since. Always word of mouth now, friend of friend etc

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Yozie

I was just thinking about this myself. There has been a massive increase in a short time, for standard rental ads as follows:

• Sep. 2021 - 75€
    • Sep. 2022 - 95€
    • Jan. 2023 - 135€

This is an 80% increase in less than a year and a half. I understand inflation and all, but with such a large increase it much more feels like exploiting their monopoly for a service which should not cost much more on their end. I wish there was a reasonable alternative (open to suggestions if I'm unaware).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mistermarantz

Last time I used Daft, the ad cost €25 for a premium ad. The same ad now costs €195. Have they lost the plot?

They must be losing loads of money from the lack of houses available to rent and hence the number of ads they can sell. If they keep raising their price as such, they'll be gone in a year or two or alternatively someone else will drastically undercut them and take all the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Advertising a room to share has recently gone from €1 to €15!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Made a profit of over 8m last year. Nearly double 2021.

The two brothers who founded Daft receive a dividend of 3.3m each.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/1208/1340826-profits-at-daft-ie-owner-hit-8-4m-last-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Jesus Christ. I hope they're at least paying the employees well with what they charge and that profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Why would you use daft, you'd be swamped with responses, simply let it be know you have a place to rent and they will come to you. Saves asking for references too if they are refered by somebody you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alan Gordon

Paid €265 to advertise a property to let in Dublin. Daft say they are charging as per value of the property!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PSOC_2020

That's what happens when you have atotal monopoly. €75 for Daft one year ago is now €195. No relation to property size.

myHome.ie is rowing in. I rented my property last November with myhome.ie for €30!! Now it's €75 for a standard ad (just 3 months later!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭eirman

DAFT are living up to their name!

My costs for advertising a new rental property on daft have trebled (over 14 months)!

Bye bye DAFT

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Renovatinghelp

€195???

I paid a Kilkenny Estate Agent €395 to sell on daft.

If you have no estate agent it is over a grand.

I am going to use Your Accom from now on. Only new but cheaper. If they keep their prices....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yeah its bordering on ridiculous. Houses sell no bother these days. You can put it on the smallest site that gets some traffic and it will still sell

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Renovatinghelp

A guy from Sherry Fitz told me if your are with them you get MyHome Daft and Right Move in the UK for €195

The Independents charge you €395

And the link I followed today on twitter to Youraccom was €29.99

Maybe a price war will start we need one. Bit of a joke if you go independent you pay €200 more hardly their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Nobody should be using DAFT anymore to let out a house or a room.

There are free alternatives.

Advertisement