Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could own any business what would it be ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd love to own a bookshop. A proper old school little bookshop, one with a bit of character.

If I didn't have to actually worry about surviving and being able to live in minimum wage I'd even take working in such a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,673 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What particular grant scheme did you have in mind? Who are you going to apply to?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Whatever cause happens to be the most fashionable at the moment would be the best bet to secure government "funding" to set up a "charity".

Remember that Paul Kelly character ? he manged to get millions from the goverment to fund his "charity".

Yes, I remember him well. He spent years setting up a mental health service.

Now back to my question that you're avoiding - what grant scheme are you going to apply to get your €100k salary please?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I don't even want the full company - a 0.1% interest in Ryanair / Apple / Microsoft etc would do me fine. I'd be quite happy to sit back and enjoy the dividends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A McDonald's, it's like a licence to print money.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Eclectic Econometrics

I have never had the inclination to own a franchise* but after I went to Krispy Kreme to buy doughnuts, the first week it opened, I looked up the cost of opening one up with that brand. I would love to know how much that outlet took first week and first month. I think that specific one it is owned and operated by HQ, not a franchise.

*retail, hospitality or anything b2c is nightmare fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

A brewery, I would walk around in a silk kamino, beret and lumberjack shirt reveling in my artisanry.

Eh no, the Port Tunnel is on the M1/N1. The M50 is on the M50, and has a junction with the N1/M1/Port Tunnel.

The Port Tunnel does indeed have a toll, so that it achieves its intended purpose of keeping trucks off city streets for safety and health reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The Blanchardstown one is the most profitable in the world apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

My dream job would be to own an equipment rental place in the alps, Skis and snowboards in the winter, Mountain biking in the summer. Ideally somewhere in the southern region of france so that you could get to the coast within a couple of hours in the summer for the best of all worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HeavyLift

I’d love to have some boats and make a healthy profit taking folk out on fishing trips off Howth Head.

Advertisement