Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord wants to change rent payment from monthly to weekly

Options
  • 10-12-2022 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

I'm renting a property where the lease elapsed a couple of years ago and the landlord and I have been continuing on within the terms of the old lease on a month-by-month basis to date, with an eviction notice now served and due to be executed at the end of the current eviction ban. For some reason unknown to me the landlord wants to now start collecting the rent on a weekly rather than monthly basis. I can't see the reasoning behind this, but according to the landlord, it's to facilitate if I was to move out in the middle of a monthly rental period (whatever that means?). I'm really at a loss as to what he's at to be honest.

Comments

Advertisement