Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Really must finish the first, got side tracked building roads 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So it was you guys building all those roads? Here, take these thumbs up b d

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Kojima's trailers are always a fun watch.

I really liked the original game at first, but hit a wall with the glacial pace and gave up on it. Maybe worth jumping back in ahead of the sequel, might be a bit quicker to get through now with all the stuff that has probably been built since launch when I played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The roads are a love hate thing for me. I liked building them. Spent so much time, it became a vocation. And finished every bit of them. But then once I built them all and the zips I could get places too fast and it took away the amazing feeling I got from slogging across the wilderness on foot.

Played through the first twice 🤣. And I came close to buying it again for the steam deck.

• Advertisement

Euro PlayStation code for 4 BB pod avatars.

EHNA-6MNB-PGL5

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

I'm a big MGS fan, but have yet to try Death Stranding. Don't know why I postponed trying this game, I know I'm gonna like it too... Hope my PS4 won't overheat or take off like a jet engine while rendering it though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

As it happens, I've just started a new playthrough Death Stranding playthrough and this trailer is getting me hyped for DS2.

Jesus this looks absolutely incredible. Bonkers, but incredible. The gameplay shots make me want to play it right now. So much to dissect from the story bits down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

2025 release, which is good as it will give me time to finish the first game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve made fun of Kojima’s hilariously dodgy writing on Death Stranding before, and I got a dozen or two hours into the game before bouncing off it (despite liking it)… but gotta say, thank god someone’s still giving him the money to do whatever the **** he wants, no matter how zany or wild. For all the faults you can easily attribute to him, there ain’t nobody making games quite like him - and even truer on the budget scale he’s operating on.

Also: going to need a weird shoulder puppet for myself. The strange half-rate, stop motion style animation they’ve got going on with that thing adds quite an uncanny flourish to an already uncanny look.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I checked out of Death Stranding shortly after the Mama chapter (Chapter 7 or 8 I think). Good to see that at no point was the craziness toned down or explained and that now Troy Baker is Dante from Devil May Cry 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And obviously Del Toro gave him his own Pinocchio puppet too. 😂

Sometimes it's a shame his stuff is so mental.

I've actually just started replaying Metal Gear V and it's amazing as a tactical open world shooter that has some very grounded realistic gameplay.....then a flying guy shows up with his buddy on fire 😂😂.

Same with Death Stranding. The hill walking is such an amazingly rewarding mechanic that it's almost a shame when the floaty tar ghosts show up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What the **** was that...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah that's why I stopped playing the game. Running around building sh*t and making deliveries, could chill out and do that no bother. But it felt like every main mission went to great lengths to force you through a bottleneck with the ghost enemies and have to sneak around, throw p*ssbombs at them and deal with all that stuff, and I just never enjoyed that.

Raiding the human enemy camps was okay (though the general combat didn't feel fantastic), but the ghosts were just more annoying to deal with than difficult, particularly as you were carrying your cargo at the same time.

I just wanted to go on a nice walk with my JarBaby and my neatly and evenly stacked boxes...

On my second playthrough I figured out you can pretty much clear areas out of ghosts if you get the cord cutter and it changed it a lot for me for the better. I built 100% of all the roads too. Once you are on a road you are safe.

I'd love a endless mode where you have no bts and just deliver boxes forever and get thumbs up from Lou

• Advertisement

On my current playthrough, i have it on easy. Sealing with bt's and mules definitely the worst part of the game.

So, we know who the doll is based on now, not just Alan Wake 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

New Death Stranding 2 info: the graphics will improve even more, trailer was captured on PS5, roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.

• State of Play trailer was captured on PS5. Kojima thinks the graphics will improve even more.

• Production timeline: "The assets are ready we just need to construct them." Japanese audio dubbing will begin this year for release in 2025.

• Sam can now remove his backpack for lighter movement and combat.

• Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.

• Ship is called the Magellan. It serves as a moving base that accompanies Sam on deliveries. It can also go underground.

• When Sam connects to the Chiral Network, the ship can move freely to those areas. You can also call it to you.

• Game is on a different continent outside of America, where Sam has gone to connect the Chiral Network.

• Fragile starts a new group called Drawbridge to connect regions outside the UCA. She is their leader and "no longer her weak self from the past."

• A private entity has to go setup the network because If the UCA goes it can be regarded as an invasion.

• The 'Second Hand' that Fragile has will be a big part of the game

• The model for the puppet is Faith Akin, a German director. You'll travel with him by your side and can converse with him on deliveries.

• "Why he became that way, you'll learn as you play the game."

• The cat on George Miller's shoulder is inspired by Captain Harlock

• "Lots of vehicles"

• Elle Fanning's character is 'mysterious', could be friend or foe.

https://youtu.be/8SegRMGH_K4?si=k6co8YHsgmsiAk_L

Advertisement