Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which is the safest place to stay in Dublin as a student with economical rent?

Options
  • 09-12-2022 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I am Tushar Gulati 29yr Indian. I am travelling to Dublin in January. Which is the safest place to stay in Dublin as a student with economical rent?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭sugarman20

I'm sure there are a number of places but Inchicore would get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm sorry but there's no such thing as economical rent in Dublin these days and there's an extreme accommodation shortage. Hopefully your educational institution can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Yes, it will be a matter of where you find accommodation rather than the safest area in Dublin.

Outside Dublin may be best.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

as others have stated, ireland, in particular dublin, is currently experiencing a serious accommodation crisis, as theres simply little or none available, be prepared for extremely high rents, and high competition in trying to get access to accommodation. many students have been staying in budget accommodation such as commercial hostels for a few years now, unfortunately you may need to consider such, commercial hostel sites such as hostelworld etc could be best to check out availability and suitability. best of luck

hostelworld.com

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Kurooi

Stick to main roads, with public transport and amenities. Not having to walk through dark alleys alone matters a lot more than the average income of the area you're in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

It's a jungle out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭arctictree

A question OP, why would you be travelling to Dublin in a few weeks without any accomodation sorted? At this stage you would be looking at a hotel or Airbnb. Neither will be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Personally I would just find a place close to the school whilst I get familiar with the surrounding areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭herbalplants

I am not being smart but economically, you will probably barely find a bed in a shared room with other two strangers.

First of all, you have no references in this country from previous landlords.

So on a tight budget, likelihood to even find a room for yourself is very slim.

Living the life

Advertisement