Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limp mode Vauxhall insignia 2.0 ECO CTDI 2015 keeps going into limp mode

Options
  • 08-12-2022 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello Gents,

Need your thoughts on my Vauxhall insignia 2,0 Eco flex CTDI..Car has been regular serviced by main dealer since purchased in 2016 with 16K on the clock, as i write it still not quite done 40k as of dec 2022. after last service in March car came back and within days notification "Vehicle service Soon" so i queried it and was told it was a fault and nothing to do with standard service, so car was booked in beginning of May, dropped car off and was assured car would be back by end of day......phone call later i was told car needed 2 new glow plugs plus ECR value, so i said ok at 4pm another phone call and was told car still not running right and would need a further 2 glow plugs and that i wouldn't get car back until the next day. Following day which was a Thursday phone call to say car was done and total to pay was just shy of a 1K...Friday i have to take my youngest Daughter into town, so drop her off and i'm driving back and **** me it goes straight back into limp mode, so pull over stop turn the engine off and restart and head back to the dealership...I was fuming at the service desk as you can imagine, threatened them with trading standards and said i didn't want it back until its working correctly. After that it worked fine until last week and its started playing up again and booked in this Monday coming...I do have a case number with trading standards, as they said i shouldn't be charged as it on vauxhall to rectify it..

Now i told The sales guy and finance director when i was looking to buy it I did approx 5000 miles a year, they said you've got to go diesel and being an eco flex no road fund licence so all seemed good, never had a diesel before so all was new to me and bought into it. Now appears i should be racing up and down the M6 on a weekly basis for the car to run to optimum capacity so the service dept. say...Both the salesman and Finance director have both long gone....

Won't ever buy another Vauxhall , had a brand new petrol Vectra from the same dealership and aftersales care was shite and said i'd never buy from them again but I did, silly me...

Thoughts welcomed and appreciated,

Cheers

Rob

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement