Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 11 screen repair aftermath

• 07-12-2022 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice here. My daughter has an iphone 11 (purchased brand new Nov 2020). Back in Feb she dropped it which caused a crack on screen. Nothing too bad and she kept using it. The phone functioned absolutely perfectly otherwise. 2.5 weeks ago we got the screen repaired for €110 in Blackrock. When the repair shop handed it back we immediately noticed tap to wake function wouldn't work. Shop was closing but agreed to replace with a further screen the following week. We returned 6 days later and they replaced with a new screen - within 48 hrs screen stopped responding at times. We thought at first it was a cold thing when out and about - this became a daily occurrence so we returned to shop last weekend. Showed videos of screen not responding but of course it was functioning fine whilst there. They took apart again, said everything fine and sent us away. The shop claimed it could be problem with the motherboard and if we continued to have the issue they'd need to send it to another of their stores to investigate as it wasn't a screen problem. Of course same problem recurred next day but now for longer periods of time, until the screen stopped responding altogether yesterday morning. Back to shop this afternoon and they replaced screen again (so 3rd time). Back home now and this latest replacement screen now won't go to sleep - it has a constant cycle of waking up within seconds of going to sleep.

Note sure where to go with this. Have lost all trust in phone shop - also concerned they may have done more damage than good. Could it simply be a case of just a cheap batch of non OEM screens that we are having constant replacement issues? Ultimately I just want a working phone again for my daughter but would appreciate advice on next move. Ask for refund and go somewhere else? Risk then of new place discovering damage done by shop 1. As mentioned I've lost confidence in the place and though they talk of sending it off to had it looked there is no promise from them as to what they might find and look to charge to resolve. I had it pitched to me today when the screen was replaced for the 3rd time that he wasn't going to charge me as if he was doing me a favour.

All thoughts, advice etc welcome.

Advertisement