Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walter Presents

Options
  • 05-12-2022 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

Just started watching Astrid:Murder in Paris. Halfway through the first one and really liking it so far.

It airs on Fridays @9pm on More 4 and on Ch4 some nights late. It sometimes is a mixed bag but can show some great Scandi Noire. Some real hidden gems. Are there many Walter Presents fans out there?

I did a search for the thread title and came up with nothing so don't think there's another Walter Presents thread out there. Should be though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Been watching them for a few years now and agree that they can be hit and miss. The good ones can be very good but some are a bit formulaic. The wizened old male cop with baggage paired with the new young female cop type of thing. Haven't watched Astrid yet but have it recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,972 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I enjoyed Rocco Schiavone and Baltic Crimes and Crimson Rivers.

Prefer the ones that wrap up the core mystery each week rather than the mini series type.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

Really liking Astrid. On episode 5. Better than some of the other stuff that's been on lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Top Dog is a really solid swedish drama (only two episodes in so far)

Blurb below.

A mysterious disappearance causes an ambitious lawyer to enter into an unorthodox collaboration with a recently released convict. She wants to secure her future, and he wants to leave his old life behind.

Just on episode 2 of The Wall: Cover Your Tracks. This might blossum in to something good.

• Advertisement

I am two in as well, I am a sucker for shows like this to be honest. The setting is interesting as well.

Post edited by gmisk on

Astrid : Murder in Paris starts on Friday @ 9pm More 4. Always a good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,972 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Jumping the gun there :)

That'll be next Friday the 31st - tonight it's the final episode of The Wall. Well it better be, I demand closure!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Ah yeah that's what I meant. I'm only 5 episodes into The Wall. It's holding my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The one about the Hitler diaries is excellent in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Astrid: Murder in Paris starting Friday 9pm on More 4. A favourite of mine.

I'm very late to this one and still on first season, very enjoyable

Advertisement