Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT history check

• 05-12-2022 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all! Does anyone know if it is possible to review your NCT history? My car passed the most recent one but has an advisory that a tyre is six years old. The car is only four years old.

The last NCT, one tyre was badly damaged and needed replacing - I just can’t remember if it is the same tyre. I only want to know because if the garage replaced it with an old tyre, saying it was a new one, I would prefer to avoid them in future :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Most remoulds/part worn are over 6yrs old, could have put one of hem on?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smurfette2212

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even know that they were a thing. They definitely didn’t tell me that. Very possibly that solves that mystery though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What did the replacement tyre cost? I'd be very surprised if the supplier fitted a used tyre or a remould without your explicit agreement.

Which wheel/tyre is the advisory on? That should let you know whether it refers to the replacement tyre or one of the original tyres.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smurfette2212

I honestly can’t remember what it cost… I tried to look on my online banking but perhaps I paid cash. They definitely didn’t say anything about it not being new - that I would remember.

It is the rear tyre on the driver side. I know the replacement was one of the two rear ones but couldn’t swear to which one it was.

I’ll just replace it and make sure I specify a new one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭User1998

Its not possible to check your previous NCT’s. Also, theres no need to replace the tyre if the thread is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Unfortunately we don’t have a history check like they do in the UK. The only place it would be is on your old advisory sheet for that test.

NCT would have it on their system but you’d have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting them to tell you!

If you’re changing the tyre, it’s good practice to have the same thread pattern on the same axle. So be careful when you go to change it, you might be better, safety-wise to replace the pair.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

Advertisement