Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treating yourself for Christmas

Options
  • 02-12-2022 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I know everyone hates Christmas and it's too early and whatever but I couldn't resist.

Might buy a bottle of Rinse Aid for the dishwasher in Lidl next time I'm there.

Shiny glasses for the whole 12 days of Christmas, shur I won't know myself with the sheer luxury off it.

Anyone else treating themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Mince pies and a bottle of Redbreast.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭BK5

Might wash meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

Yup, I got myself 4 new jerseys that cost me around 1000 euros in total

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I've a small candy cane on the tree, reserved for the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Went fragrance shopping and picked myself up a couple of my fave aftershaves.. one quite an expensive one, but I’d not had this one in about 3 or 4 years so said why not, you be a long time dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ablelocks

because it's highly likely i'll get shite presents from my kriskindles, i will pick something up for myself - just not sure what yet.

bottle of redbreast does sound nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I can't think of what other kind of jerseys might cost any sane man a grand for 4.

Are you certain you didn't buy cattle?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The missus and I have a few nice meals out in December, last night was a certain famous Dublin steak house. We also get some nice wine and spirits to have in the house over Christmas.

For that reason we don't get a whole lot of 'stuff' for the sake of it. If something is needed during the year we don't wait until Christmas to get it.

• Advertisement

190 each plus shipping and 304euro customs charge

96 cans of stout. Starting to prefer Beamish to Guinness in cans these days, but don’t know if they sell slabs of it up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Barcley

A bottle of Cristal... and see what all the fuss is about.

Debating on upgrading one guitar or buying another

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I might treat myself this Christmas to the Sure deodorant for €2.59 instead of the Active Aldi brand for 89 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Nothing says treating yourself for Christmas better than deciding whether or not to go to Christmas eve mass.

Yes, I'll be midnight mass-debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Nicer and more consistent than Guinness in a can. Do you find the occasional can has no gas in the widget??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

You'll not get a slab of Beamish in a normal off license

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Ginger83

A keg of the black stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

A trip to Amsterdam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Will pick up a smart watch in the January Sales

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kerosene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Something I've been meaning to do for years is to sort out surround sound at home - 10% off a network AVR and 5.1 speakers was too much to ignore on Black Friday 🙂

Looking forward to delivery now...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Max H

2 pairs of Muck boots. 1 for me and 1 for my good lady

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

A big bag of green and an acceptance I will put on a couple of pounds and not care.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A real home cooked turkey dinner. Roast potatoes, parsnips. carrots all roasted..sprouts, stuffing etc . Mince pies and as much chocolate as possible ... mmmmmmm!

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

The past 2 years I bought myself stuff from Amazon and opened it on Christmas day. A few blu rays and also headphones, the reason I did this was to try and recreate at least a small bit of the feelings of a childhood Christmas. I think my brain is too ravaged by years of depression to enjoy something like Christmas.

Last year was disappointing as I thought I had ordered the collectors edition of the movie Cujo with a slipcover and collectors booklet but it turned out i had ordered the plastic case edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Wintertime nectar. Ice cold from the ‘outdoor fridge’, reclining in front of log fire, with some mellow seasonal jazz. Enjoyed without any moderation how-so-ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Archeron

A box of those Lindt petit dessert chocolates, the big box. I'd say each of those is just gout ball waiting to happen but they are bloody nice.

• Advertisement

I find cans of Beamish to have a much better head when poured into the glass. The Guinness cans these days seem very “flat”. Taste wise they are fairly similar, but find Beamish just a little bit more “stouty”.

Advertisement