Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Office/Work Party Yea/Nay

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ours is a lunch and then drinks. A lot head off by 5/6 and no one seems to mind. I usually dip out about 9 or 10 but this year we've a good group of 20 something-30 somethings and I think I might end up staying out later especially since I've taken the next day off.

It's all out of everyone's own pocket in my job but everyone goes along for their lunch and seems to be in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

I'm only in the door with a new job so looking forward to it as a good mix in the team of about 30 or so.

Moved from private to public sector so it's pay as you go but also looking forward to the fact that it's an early enough lunch followed by some early evening drinks rather than the lavish, late night, all you can eat/drink affairs of my younger self's (with no small kids) past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

On the flip side, you get people who don't go out a lot who get absolutely trashed and make a holy show of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

I have to say I'm kind of surprised the Office Christmas Party made a comeback after COVID. One senior HR executive told me that they peaked with the whole Stryker Cork debacle and the legal advice these days to companies was not to have anything to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ha, remember the Stryker party, that was a different level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭saabsaab

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Legally speaking, the office Christmas night out is an extension of the workplace.

So you need to behave!

Just sayin'

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We have our small department one next week and then the larger department one on 8th December. We don’t have a company wide one anymore as the company has gotten too big.

Advertisement