Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone cant be charged

Options
  • 28-11-2022 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

I have a sony experia phone 4 years old ,yesterday i turned it the battery level was 20 per cent,i forgot to turn it off, i usually let the battery go down to 3,or 4 per cent.then i charge it , i mostly use it for playing music,mp3s .when i pressed the power button , it has low battery ,red rectangle icon.it seems the battery level is too low to take a charge.i plug in the charger ,the battery icon usually moves up and down to show charging mode, now the red light on the top bezel blinks when i plug it in ,but it does not charge the battery i tried 2 chargers 5 volt, usb c. i have used it for years, i,d charge it once every 2 days,

i googled phone not charging , i tried a hard reset , it doesnt work, i think theres no power left in the battery ,

should i leave it in to a phone shop for repair ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭dmakc

I had same issue last year. Left it into a dodgy phone shop who replaced the charger port for 40e and worked fine for a few months before stopping again, then went to a good phone shop who did same thing for 50e and it's been perfect since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Update I plugged in phone at 4pm. It's charging now back to normal ,at 14 per cent

I removed old sdcard before I plugged it in

I looked at charging port it looks fine it does not to be fixed or replaced

I think the battery was very low

My sdcard is faulty eg it can't be formatted. Red blinking light is gone

Replaced by normal white light which indicates charging mode

From now on I'll be careful to switch off phone when it reaches 4 or 3 per cent and then

I wait til it reaches 97 per cent and then I'll remove charger and turn it on to make sure it s working ok

I was going to Bring it a phone shop tommorow for repair

This phone has always worked fine since I bought it from the eir shop

Post edited by riclad on

It's working fine I charged it to 98 per cent

you could try blowing compressed air into where the power cable goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Would appreciate the name of company who could do the charger port replacement well if you want to PM me. I have a perfectly fine phone with this problem that I'd like to ressurect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I bought a new battery for a phone, installed it and it wouldn't charge. I took the battery out and connected it to a 4.7v dumb power source and force fed it for about 15 minutes, reinstalled it in the phone, and bingo, the charging circuit now recognised there was a battery in place and started charging it and it's worked perfectly for years ever since.

Smart charging circuits can be really dumb.

My phone is sealed battery can't be removed I just plugged it in and it started to charge after about one hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Discharging Li-ion cells to empty or near empty is bad for them, you should avoid doing this as much as possible.

Advertisement