Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG TV - Blue Tint

Options
  • 24-11-2022 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Our LG55" 4K tv which is around 5years old has started to develop a blue tint on the screen.

It started around the bottom corner, but has now coverd around 80% of the screen.

Has anyone ever come across this issue? LG Warrantee is only 24months, so no longer covered.

But its a bit shite that a 1K TV is gone faulty like this, and LG dont cover it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lisajk2

Having the same problem came on here to see did anyone else.. ..mine is also 5 years old .

Think it's somthing to do with back lights . They turn blue before they blow but not sure.

Mine is not covered by warranty as far as I know as its to old.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Small Claims Court seems to disregard the manufacturer's warranty in relation to many domestic electronic devices.

I have seen 6 years as the minimum lifetime of a lot of these goods.

There are a good few threads about this scenario.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement