Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair - opinions

Options
  • 23-11-2022 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an ASUS N56, it's ~8 years old I'd say but was expensive enough when I bought it (~1k) so it was fairly well spec'd (i5 processor and eitehr 8 or 16G of RAM I think). I don't use it much but it's handy to have for bit and pieces.

It was working perfectly until recently where it just wouldn't turn on - the power button that usually lights up when you turn it on wouldn't even light up. I left it for a couple of days to try again and this time it turned on okay, the screen flickered a couple of times and then turned off (i.e. no power to the screen) but I could hear that it had booted up okay.

I brought it to a computer shop and the fella there said that it's probably the video card and/or graphics chip, will cost 150-200 to repair but he's not able to repair it and it's probably not worth repairing in his opinion. Just looking for some other opinions on here - is this a major repair job? Or something that a lot of places would be capable of?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement