Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home security cameras

Options
  • 14-11-2022 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I have Eufy Indoor Cam 2K Pan and Tilt Camera in the house and it works perfectly.

I am thinking of putting some cameras outside and a doorbell. Can anyone advise on what system to use please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭zg3409

WiFi, wired, local recording, monthly cloud subscription?

Ring doorbells are market leader but need a months subscription or nothing records, only live by which time movement or caller may have left. Typically they are wired to old doorbell wiring but may require bell transformer in fuseboard to be upgraded. Each additional ring non doorbell camera needs another monthly subscription or they only do live.

It all depends on budget and needs. Ideally local 24/7 recording, wired hd cameras with audio, with ideally colour at night with real true high definition where you can make out faces and car registrations. You get what you pay for typically. Some guys can install wired on the cheap but you want a good quality camera particularly at night and a good local recording definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

wifi yes

wired - no

subscription - yes

The eufy I have is cloud storage and works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

You can get Eufy external cameras.

Only downside is most these are setup for motion detection only where as a local recorder will record constant footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Was looking at Eufy on Amazon.de…200euro cheaper than Amazon.ie/uk / Eufy website… did not buy them…bought arlo instead .

Advertisement