Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Handshake, No Kiss off.

Options
  • 14-11-2022 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

My Astec Fusion(old, I know) is failing to communicate with the monitoring station. When the alarm was triggered last night, it tried over 50 times to communicate with no success, showing the above error messages. I had noticed that my Eir land line dial tone is no longer there but the phone still works with a 5 second delay in hearing the phone being dialled ringing out. Has Eir changed the way land line phones connect to the network and if so, is there anything I can do with my Fusion system to allow for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Most lines are becoming digital lines somewhere along the line to the exchange and that is where the issue is.

You could add a GSM to the system that uses dial capture to get around this without upgrading the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

Thank you Altor. I was thinking of adding expanding the panel as I have zones with mutiple sensors and would like to separate them. Would I be better off getting a new system instead of spending money on the Fusion. System has 4 doors, 13 windows and 2 pirs. all wired.

Advertisement