Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dualathon or fun run event 2023

Options
  • 13-11-2022 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am very unfit at moment but do like cycling /walking. Can anyone recommend an event I can aim for next year that I could work towards. Something not too competitive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Fair play for starting, I don't know much about Dualathons but there are plenty of running events you could aim for. Start with a couch to 5K, do a few parkruns and enter one of the Dublin marathon series events in the summer, they are always fun. There's normally a 5 mile then a 10K then a 10 mile and a half marathon to finish put spread out from May to Sep. If your looking for something outside of the capital there are loads of popup events right through the year. The locals on this forum are wealth of knowledge and there's event an events sections.

Start tomorrow, go to a local park and run for a few minutes to see where you are. If you don't like running then I hear cycling is just as good, get on your bike and see where your at.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sussedit

Thanks all, hadn’t thought of park run, good place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Ceepo

There will be a lot of Duathlon's on throughout the country from January to April. I'm not sure that the calendar is "fixed" but keep an eye on Triathlon Ireland Web site where I'm sure you'll fine one or two in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭py

Have a search online for the national duathlon series. As mentioned above, they'll be earlier in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Yermander

Adventure races are a good entry into multisport events, with varying distances for different levels of fitness and experience. They would be more of a social event and less competitive than duathlons run by tri clubs.

Quest would host a few around the country. Kayathlon normally have a list of these throughout the year https://kayathlon.ie/events/category/adventure-race/

There are also smaller duathlon events held by communities or clubs as fundraisers which wouldn’t be overly competitive. Triathlon Ireland will have the race calendar updated for next year in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭babacool

Where are you based at? Hard to recommend anything without knowing what’s in your reach 🙂. Personally I would propose signing up with a running club near you and then depending on your age give county races a shot. Those aren’t about PBs (usually) but getting race fit and representing your club. Other than that as said would depend on your location and how far you are willing to travel

Advertisement