Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Cup/GW 17 - Transfer Thread

• 13-11-2022 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭

Probably a bit early for this... but unlimited transfers and I cant tell you how good it feels to yeet Zaha right the f*ck out of my team 🥳

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Science over faith.

Darwin in for Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Rashford and his two points won't be returning to my team after the World Cup.

Odegaard in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Same...will be getting rid of Jesus and Pope.

If I had a players called Bishop, Priestly, Deacon or Cardinal they'd be goners as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Already gone for KDB, Jesus, Alexander-Arnold and Solanke out for Odegaard, Darwin, Robertson and Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Draft 1 of 100 odd;

De Gea (Ward)

Cancelo, Trippier, White, Robertson (Bueno)

Foden, Martinelli, Rashford, (Xakha & Andreas)

Haaland, Kane, Nunez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Honestly if Man United were playing anyone other than Forest, I’d have Rashford gone, but I’m kinda obliged to keep him for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Jesus - Anyone at this point

Was there any update on Ben White?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gabriel Jesus gonna be out for a few months after knee surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So just 4 teams remain in the WC and with 15 days to the next set of EPL games you'd expect everyone from the eliminated teams to back with their teams in plenty of time for the resumption.

As for the 4 teams remaining, I expect the official EPL/FA/clubs plan is that they fly from Qatar to London next Monday, have a medical check and likely be available for Boxing/Stephens Day games, or at least the second game.

Unofficially though, that won't happen. e.g., An Argentinian victory and I suspect the English based players will be on the plane to Buenos Aries on Monday afternoon, followed by 2/3 days of receptions and celebrations. At which stage it's near enough to Christmas and the calls to 'let the players stay on and enjoy themselves' may be quite vocal. Croatia possibly the same to a certain extent, also Morocco but without the risk of 72 hours of drinking. France, maybe not so much and even if the players stay in France for a while it's an easy journey to England.

So the players then.

Argentina - Martinez (Villa GK), Martinez (MUFC defender), Romero (Spurs defender), Alvarez (City forward), Mac Allister (Brighton forward). Some big names (in FPL terms) in that list. Not just a case of looking at the players in question, but who they are up against. e.g., Does Martinez missing a couple of Villa games make it easier for the teams they will be up against.

Croatia - Perisic (Spurs defender), Kovacic (Chelsea MF). Perisic has been a bit of a mixed bag in FPL, arguably been unlucky not to get more points. This deep run probably makes him unlikely to be a factor short-term for Spurs even if Croatia don't go on to win.

Morocco - Aguerd (irrelevant West Ham defender), Ziyech (mainly irrelevant Chelsea midfielder)

France - Lloris (Spurs GK), Areola (irrelevant West Ham goalkeeper), Varane (MUFC defender), Saliba (Arsenal defender and key FPL asset, has only played 90 minutes in dead rubber game), Konate (Liverpool defender)

So I think from an FPL pov an Argentinian victory looks the most disruptive/interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sat down and made up a first draft last nite, 1.1m ITB

Kepa - Ward

AKanji - Robbo - Bueno - Trippier - Dalot

Foden - Salah - Almiron - Andreas - Summerville

Kane - Haaland - Martial

Post edited by Green&Red on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone finding that they want the majority of the team they finished the last gameweek with? No WC injuries, no breakout stars, big players getting knocked out early (bar Peresic)

First stab

Kepa/Ward

Cancelo James Shaw Trippier (Neco)

Salah Bruno Martinelli Almiron (Rodrigo)

Haaland Nunez (Greenwood)

0.2 ITB, Rodrigo plays over Shaw after the City fixture

Alternative is TAA/Foden/Rashford for James/Rodrigo/Bruno. Bit less puntier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Hi lads,

I wasn't aware of the free transfers in gw17 and had been keeping my wildcard for then after the world cup!

Do ye know can i use the wildcard gw18? Or have I missed the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Is anyone else being put off Toney by the betting allegations? Could affect form etc. but I also think e will be extra driven after missing out on the world cup squad.

Can't make the call between Mitro and Toney at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What do people think about the likes of Wilson and Trippier who were in Qatar but didn't really play much?

They should be ready for action, right (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Trippier has already played in a friendly back with Newcastle last Saturday so I am likely to be keeping him in my team anyhow. Wilson did not play that game and Howe was quoted as saying they had only seen him briefly and he did not want to give away much which sounds suspicious. Carabao cup game tomorrow evening against Bournemouth will tell a lot.

Edit: Just seen a new quote from Howe saying Wilson has no issues.

Post edited by macraignil on

Toney has been charged now, so you'd think that a ban would be looming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Yeah shame about Toney, been great value. Will keep til I hear ban is definite.

Mitro it is so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

This will go two ways for me:

1) If I buy him, he'll get booked after 13 mins and then hobble off after an hour

2) If I don't bring him in he'll haul big time and won't get booked again for the rest of his career

Post edited by Cartman78 on

He only has to last 3 more matches without a yellow though so there's hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Salah may have scored tonight but de bruyne assisting is awesome, strongly debating changing them around with the caveat of the dgw also

Exactly my thinking - De Bruyne looked fired up and Liverpool still didn't look on top form.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Liverpool have Villa next - will Martinez be available? Olesen is flagged, so who is their 3rd choice keeper? I didn't see the game, but by all account Nunez have a few shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Nunez could easily have had 3 goals last night...dont think he is a natural finisher, seems awkward and unsure when in the strike zone. Klopp will need to work on this with him. Having said that i think he could be very streaky in the sense that he will have days where everything goes for him as he does take up great positions and is lightening quick. I will be going with him.

• Advertisement

Think I’ve locked in 8 of my starters…

GK, Trippier, James, Salah, Martinelli, Almiron , Haaland and Nunez.

Options for final 3 spots are…

A: Cancelo / Rodrigo/ Bruno (with a strong sub in Shaw)

B: Shaw / Rashford / KDB

C: Cancelo/ Bruno / Mitrovic

Post edited by Shedite27 on

Advertisement